Nismo replica front lip

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Hey guys both myself and chloe have now sat down and fully reviewed my purchase from humphris.
1430429468799.jpg

Looks like it could be quite easy to make replicas from so out of interest would anyone be interested?

I want to extend this offer to MSC official members only as I feel Facebook is taking over too much.

We will have a go at making one and see how we go from there.

Not sure on price till we add up total cost of materials and our time.

Roughly what price have you got in mind for each front piece? Am sure ill be interested along with many others but pricecis the key!!

J

Roughly what price have you got in mind for each front piece? Am sure ill be interested along with many others but pricecis the key!!

J
Difficult to say at the moment bud it could take anywhere between 4 and 8 hours of our time per one until we get quicker at perfecting a technique and then add the price of materials used.

The shell will be made from fibreglass sheeting and resin and then there is the flexible filler to smooth over the splitter itself to finish the replica and I guess a coat of primer to check quality and fitment on my car. Then quality control, last thing I'd want is to send something that breaks easily so will be checking between layers although we will use about 3 in total at a guess.

The shell will be made from fibreglass sheeting and resin and then there is the flexible filler to smooth over the splitter itself to finish the replica and I guess a coat of primer to check quality and fitment on my car. Then quality control, last thing I'd want is to send something that breaks easily so will be checking between layers although we will use about 3 in total at a guess.
It would be cheaper the make a good fibreglass plug. Then use mould release ( cheap hairsprays what i use works every time) then polyester resin with some talc powder to make it a bit thicker to use as a gelcoat. After that layer you matt and your done. If the plug is well finished you save your time sanding and faffing about

It would be cheaper the make a good fibreglass plug. Then use mould release ( cheap hairsprays what i use works every time) then polyester resin with some talc powder to make it a bit thicker to use as a gelcoat. After that layer you matt and your done. If the plug is well finished you save your time sanding and faffing about
The original front splitter needs preserving its not in perfect condition so I'll be making one then making more from a copy.

So, have any of these been made? I'd like to buy one.

Giz fab makes these from splitters now. Amongst many many other parts for the k11’s.

Back