Nik goes to Buncefield.. it's like a bomb's been dropped

I went to Buncfield oil depot, and the surrounding areas (NCIS/3com)... Took some pics!
As usual, it's a timeline... On the way out of town, I stopped for essentials. A fue orange air freshener, and a 1.5l bottle of Coke...
buncefield001.jpg

Cooooke!
buncefield002.jpg

My little street pilot
buncefield003.jpg

Token ''Nik in the car pic''
buncefield005.jpg

After a nightmare drive through Duntable and Luton, I got on the M1, and got caught in the roadworks 40mph SPECs
I finally got there, this was the main sort of road, and these pictures are the Alcom data centre...
buncefield006.jpg

buncefield007.jpg

buncefield008.jpg

buncefield010.jpg

buncefield011.jpg

The car park;
buncefield012.jpg

buncefield013.jpg

The old enterance to Alcom datacentre
buncefield014.jpg

I then moved towards the oil depot.
The prim could go no further, and I had to do this horrid thing which I haven't done since Japfest... walking!
buncefield015.jpg

I moved up towards it, and some brummy snodgrass security guard started having a go at me because I was in a restricted area. I was in the middle of a two lane, blocked road... Whoa, big danger
He started having a go then about a citizen's arrest, so I said, ''handcuffs? kinky sod! that security shed's empty isn't it, when's your break mate. ''Roight! Oi'm calling the police'', so I walked off singing The Police's Roxanne at the top of my voice These are the pics I took before the nonce started bothering me.
buncefield016.jpg

buncefield017.jpg

buncefield018.jpg

Not wanting any bovva and a marker being put on my car... I moved on, and went round to some little tracks that I found on the satnav... Check out the tanks.
buncefield019.jpg

buncefield020.jpg

buncefield021.jpg

Had to stand on sandbags, lol
buncefield022.jpg

buncefield027.jpg

buncefield025.jpg

Running low on juice now, so I left... but on the way out, I saw this;
buncefield028.jpg

Some poor ######'s house once :(
Then I went to get some petrol at the best petrol station ever, it had 23 pumps, a marks and spencer, and a wild bean café. Bought some more coke and a panini.
Then I headed north on some sweet twisties, to Cranfield over near Bedford, and as a point of interest. The building behind my Prim is where Nissan R&D'd the P10, P11 and the P11-144, and a lot of other Nissans.
buncefield029.jpg

Some pics of the airfield, and the car.
buncefield030.jpg

buncefield031.jpg

buncefield032.jpg

buncefield033.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pics.[/quote]

James

Chairman
Wow, some of those pictures are quite amazing! It's crazy to think this happened last year now and there's still burnt out cars dotted around the place!!

James said:
Yeah that's correct sorry - Hemel Hempstead was the nearest major town i think :)

oh right. with it saying buncefield i fort it wasnt hemel but i couldnt remember there been two explosions...... il shut up now before i look unclever

rallybunny said:
Cor, some of them pics are well creepy.

Tell me about it
buncefield005.jpg

LOL

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
^^ Have you seen the one on Cyprus, pretty amazing.

Hard to believe that they haven't torn many of those buildings down yet, might have to go for a little nosey myself next time I am at a mate's up there.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Great pics! Surprising to see burnt out cars and smashed in windows too! Is that place ever gonna get fixed up or just abandoned?

R

RIK

Craig said:
^^ Have you seen the one on Cyprus, pretty amazing.

Hard to believe that they haven't torn many of those buildings down yet, might have to go for a little nosey myself next time I am at a mate's up there.

no havent seen that one.. ther all spooky though

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
danmicra said:
how do u fix an oil exposion! lol would of been a scary place to be in at the time!

I meant all the houses and offices which had windows etc blown in, nearby!