Nik goes to Buncefield.. it's like a bomb's been dropped

I went to Buncfield oil depot, and the surrounding areas (NCIS/3com)... Took some pics!
As usual, it's a timeline... On the way out of town, I stopped for essentials. A fue orange air freshener, and a 1.5l bottle of Coke...
buncefield001.jpg

Cooooke!
buncefield002.jpg

My little street pilot
buncefield003.jpg

Token ''Nik in the car pic''
buncefield005.jpg

After a nightmare drive through Duntable and Luton, I got on the M1, and got caught in the roadworks 40mph SPECs
I finally got there, this was the main sort of road, and these pictures are the Alcom data centre...
buncefield006.jpg

buncefield007.jpg

buncefield008.jpg

buncefield010.jpg

buncefield011.jpg

The car park;
buncefield012.jpg

buncefield013.jpg

The old enterance to Alcom datacentre
buncefield014.jpg

I then moved towards the oil depot.
The prim could go no further, and I had to do this horrid thing which I haven't done since Japfest... walking!
buncefield015.jpg

I moved up towards it, and some brummy snodgrass security guard started having a go at me because I was in a restricted area. I was in the middle of a two lane, blocked road... Whoa, big danger
He started having a go then about a citizen's arrest, so I said, ''handcuffs? kinky sod! that security shed's empty isn't it, when's your break mate. ''Roight! Oi'm calling the police'', so I walked off singing The Police's Roxanne at the top of my voice These are the pics I took before the nonce started bothering me.
buncefield016.jpg

buncefield017.jpg

buncefield018.jpg

Not wanting any bovva and a marker being put on my car... I moved on, and went round to some little tracks that I found on the satnav... Check out the tanks.
buncefield019.jpg

buncefield020.jpg

buncefield021.jpg

Had to stand on sandbags, lol
buncefield022.jpg

buncefield027.jpg

buncefield025.jpg

Running low on juice now, so I left... but on the way out, I saw this;
buncefield028.jpg

Some poor ######'s house once :(
Then I went to get some petrol at the best petrol station ever, it had 23 pumps, a marks and spencer, and a wild bean café. Bought some more coke and a panini.
Then I headed north on some sweet twisties, to Cranfield over near Bedford, and as a point of interest. The building behind my Prim is where Nissan R&D'd the P10, P11 and the P11-144, and a lot of other Nissans.
buncefield029.jpg

Some pics of the airfield, and the car.
buncefield030.jpg

buncefield031.jpg

buncefield032.jpg

buncefield033.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pics.[/quote]

Wow, some of those pictures are quite amazing! It's crazy to think this happened last year now and there's still burnt out cars dotted around the place!!

James said:
Yeah that's correct sorry - Hemel Hempstead was the nearest major town i think :)

oh right. with it saying buncefield i fort it wasnt hemel but i couldnt remember there been two explosions...... il shut up now before i look unclever

rallybunny said:
Cor, some of them pics are well creepy.

Tell me about it
buncefield005.jpg

LOL

^^ Have you seen the one on Cyprus, pretty amazing.

Hard to believe that they haven't torn many of those buildings down yet, might have to go for a little nosey myself next time I am at a mate's up there.

Great pics! Surprising to see burnt out cars and smashed in windows too! Is that place ever gonna get fixed up or just abandoned?

Craig said:
^^ Have you seen the one on Cyprus, pretty amazing.

Hard to believe that they haven't torn many of those buildings down yet, might have to go for a little nosey myself next time I am at a mate's up there.

no havent seen that one.. ther all spooky though

danmicra said:
how do u fix an oil exposion! lol would of been a scary place to be in at the time!

I meant all the houses and offices which had windows etc blown in, nearby!

Back