Ngk platinum plugs

Are they iridium or platinum? May be interested if they're iridium :).

The part number on carsparkplugs.co.uk says they are Iridium but some listings on ebay say they are platinum

23012012381.jpg

NGK website says they're perfect for my car (HR16DE) so I'll take them if you take paypal?

I know this is an old post, but, I feel that I can put something positive in. Platinum tipped or Iridium tipped plugs both exceed the performance of the traditional Nickel tipped plugs. Ruthenium, Rhodium, Palladium, Osmium, Iridium, and Platinum, comprise the 6 PGMs (Platinum Group Metals). They are, by and large, very stable metals. Some would say 'refractory metals'. Large stable metal atoms. That means they have very high melting points. I don't think that there would be much difference in their performance in spark plugs. The question is more of cost, especially to the manufacturer. Platinum is relatively reasonable in price. Cheaper than Gold these days. It has been produced in commercial quantities for decades. An important industrial metal. Iridium was used as a coating for nibs on fountain pens. It was a new innovation when I was a kid. Am I giving away my age?
Osmium would be my choice but prohibitively expensive. Osmium from the latin Os, Osis ...( bone). Very dense metal and would last forever.
I know that it's not easy to get to the third plug on your three cylinder Micra. But, it isn't that bad!

"Osmium would be my choice but prohibitively expensive. Osmium from the latin Os, Osis ...( bone). Very dense metal and would last forever.
I know that it's not easy to get to the third plug on your three cylinder Micra. But, it isn't that bad!" good!!!

Back