• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Nexussteve's Retro K10

Cheers dude! :)

Should be on your VIN plate in the engine bay (Blue plate)
Think it's the bottom number? Can't remember now! :p

Right, well, some silly woman drove into the back of the doom buggy on Monday morning, and I'm going through all the procedures.

She managed to push the bumper and reinforcement bar up behind and around my boot, so I couldn't get it open.
Took it to a friend's and we started panel bashing, so now I have a boot that opens...but doesn't like to shut! Haha!

Turns out the back end is twisted, and the tailgate doesn't shut properly without pushing it to the right first. A lot more damage than expected.

Had a couple of quick quotes, and it's looking like a write-off.
Will proly buy it back, get it in the workshop and strip and cage, engine out, the lot.

Will keep ya updated...

Nah, i'm gonna buy it back off the insurance, and knock the worst of it out myself, then possibly weld the boot closed, cage it, do the conversion and use it as a weekend car.

Havent decided yet. :)

Never fear peeps! The micra is still here, but now it's conversion time!! (Not that you were really that bothered! ;) )
Ok, so these will proly be the last pics you see of the doom buggy before she's completely finished (Unless I get too much of an urge to give you a sneaky peek!)

S5030185.jpg

S5030186.jpg

In the meantime, I'm rolling around in this:
S5030189.jpg

S5030187.jpg

It's a Presso Eunos (Mazda Mx-3 import) 1.8 V6 (smallest production v6 ever made!)
My God is it juicy!

The Doom Buggy will be back!! :)

Nice grey K10, remember me a bit of a DeLorean. Good luck for the converstion, and congrats for the imported Mazda !
Cheers
Seb

None go in easily really! :p

I'm doing the 1.6 GA16 Primera engine conversion. :)
Have an Almera brake setup to help it stop! ^^

Glad to see someone else doing a ga16 converstion. Please keep us updated with pics. What primera you get engine from?

Glad to see someone else doing a ga16 converstion. Please keep us updated with pics. What primera you get engine from?

P10. Old school! Haha!

Just started taking the Primera engine apart. Gonna have to refurb it first.
I've still yet to drop the hubs, wishbones, etc off the micra and take all the brakes servo etc out. Bay needs a spray.
I'll be lucky if I get it done by the end of the year!!

P10 the right way I went with P11 my mistake wiring made so much harder due to nats2. That said I now have a K10 with an immobilizer.

Well, I was thinking about sticking on an after-market thatcham alarm on it anyway, so I'll have just as much! ;)

Back