• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Nexussteve's Retro K10

nexussteve

The reason you're happy!
Ok, since the server crash, I'm gonna re-build this, but will only post pictures for the first part, rather than write about every little thing!!

My Car when I got it:

DSC00172.jpg

My Car now:

nexussteve.jpg

(will edit this post to keep up with the "before and after" thing.)

Interior:
DSC00192.JPG

Engine Bay after much scrubbing!
DSC00194.JPG

Lowered rears - KYB Gas shocks/35mm sports springs all round:
LoweredBack.JPG

Bumper/wing Damage:
Notice: Bumper reinforcement bend and broken bumper bracket.
bumper1.jpg bumper2.jpg
bumper3.jpg bumper4.jpg
bumper5.jpg

New Pre-facelift grille (sprayed):
grillesprayed.jpg

Rear - Before And After (JDM plates):
k10rear.JPG rear.JPG

New Wheels:
- 13" 6-spoke OZ rims with Nissan Centre Caps
- Firestones all round
wheels.JPG

Ok, just a quick update:

Replaced wing - For those who haven't seen a K10 with the wing off: ;)
DSC00280.JPG
Not quite a perfect colour match, but still have to fine-sand and buff it yet:
DSC00281.JPG

Painted tyre text and caliper-painted drums.

DSC00300.JPG DSC00301.JPG DSC00303.JPG

Also installed Super S dials for the rev counter.

Things still to do:

- Got some datsun lights to go on the back.
- Fill-in plate recess especially for JDM plates.
- Install high-mount brake light I picked up from JAE!
- Spray interior (Dash and other plastics) black.
- Finish painting drums and calipers.
- Stop spending all my wages on the car!!!

nexussteve

looking good (Y) , was it a red wing ? , it looks like it,s bled through a bit, pretty close match tho, and nice gap,s eh

It was actually slate grey on top, and silver on the bottom

It did, however have a black and red vinyl/sticker that ran through it, though I sanded it all off.

It was sprayed with "Nissan Silver". Suppose I should've really looked up the actual colour number, but it doesn`t matter...

The master plan involves a full re-spray! :D

Cilit BANG!

Next I'll be getting a steam cleaner to clean all the ribbed pipes, etc.
It's the only thing left that looks dirty! And you know how many pipes are there!!

Oh, and I used back to black to make it shine up! :D

Just a quick update!

My welder friend, Roasty, whipped together a strut brace for me! Had it on there since JAE, but this is the first pic I've taken with it on!!
I also went about putting on the K&N Filter I got from Normski. (cheers mate)

bracefilter.JPG

Next, I need:

- a breather filter over that rocker pipe

- some piping running from the exhaust manifold to the filter (A theory to run it smoother in bad winters!!)

- to fit the weber carb (also from Normski) when I can afford the petrol! Haha!

Loads more things on the way....just waiting on funds!

nice :) looking good i was gunna do the nissan and that in red but gunna just make it silver.. i think :)

engine bays take time ive been working really hard on mine and still no were near finished..

God...it's been ages!!

Just a quick update!
Got a mini breather filter:

minifilter.jpg

Cleaned and sprayed pre-facelift bonnet: (Currently on the car, but not aligned properly)

Newbonnet.jpg

Newbonnet2.jpg

Finally got my boss kit and aftermarket wheel on:

aftermarketwheel.jpg

I now have:
2x R34 Skyline seats
skylineseat.jpg

Set of Yellow Xenon Bulbs
Also, whole new front end going on and weber carb when the bloody weather gets better!!!! GRRRRR!!!

In other news, I have a Primera 1.6 engine waiting for me, which I'm hoping to get in before the new season!!

looks tidy. iam not keen on the white writing on the wheels though. but the rest looks smart :) like the r34 seats & the custom strut brace ;)

I'll let you know about the Primera engine! ;)

Yeah, the steering wheel isn't what I had hoped for.
It's a little too small...will proly change it at some point!

m8 ur strut brace has metal barakets over the suspention montings. Have you any idea of the thikness of it as im looking to make one for my self but im not shour if the 3mm steel iv got will make a strong braket ???
chears

nice micra you have got there.

ive got a question, there are some sensors in the origional airfiler where do you have placed them now?

and where is that pease of white tube for on the right side of the picture

attachment.php

cheers mate!

Just purchased a GA16 from a Primera. Ready and waiting for further funds to install!
HAPPY DAYS! :D

Just had a nasty set-back...

Car got broken into last night.
They bent the door back and stole my IPod from the glove compartment...

This was AFTER I pushed it back in a little:

bentdoor.jpg

Here's the paint crack on the other side:

paintflake.jpg

Aside from the fact that I actually GOT hit, I was pretty lucky.
It could've been a lot worse.
The door has bent back in ok, but I've got bare metal on the inside of the door I need to get covered up quick.

First time it's happened, and no doubt it won`t be the last. Thing is, things like this make you wanna give up modding. Afterall, the nicer it looks, the more likely people are gonna wanna see what's inside.

Hopefully my faith will be restored soon...

"effective procedure to remove unwanted kinks and bends in doors, place knee in middle of door on inside, place both hands on top of door, PULL HARD untill door fits opening.......end process"

sorry to hear that matey..... you will be back on track in no time..

Another Car broken into! still, at least it's an easy fix (good suggestion Antony)

I don't suppose the Ipod was worth much but sometimes it would be easier just to ask for the keys :rolleyes:....Our car was attacked and found that they stole the Sun roof cover bag only to find there was nothing in it and dumped it a couple of doors down....these are rare as rocking horse poo so I was lucky to get it back :glance:

Are you going to get an alarm fitted after that little mishap?

Tony: That's the exact procedure I used. :p

110: The IPod was very important to me. Not only do I love music, but I'm also a drum teacher. So now all the kids I teach can't play to their fav songs until I get another one. I'm not the only one to lose out here :(
Yeah, I'm looking at alarms now. The CSI guy that came out to me pretty much told me alarms were useless, as most people don't react when they hear one anyways. Regardless, I'm still getting one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking at cat1 Toad alarms ATM.

bad luck!

exact same happened to my mums k10, you'll not feel safe leaving the car for a while, well i didn't anyway.

The CSI guy that came out to me pretty much told me alarms were useless, as most people don't react when they hear one anyways
i got a pager alarm for my car because of this, someone hits my car the keyfob will let me know. that and there great for showing off :p

i got a pager alarm for my car because of this, someone hits my car the keyfob will let me know. that and there great for showing off :p

Ahh, cool! I was looking for something like that! Is the fob big? Which make did you go for?

got mine from ebay was about £50, key fob not that big about same size as the tesco clubcard key rings.

crappy pic, done on phone cant find digi cam.
26-key%20fob.JPG

Picked up a pair of these for an all-round disc conversion (These will be going on the rears)

Brembo.jpg

Replaced front bumper! (FINALLY!)

DSC00527.jpg

And a quick photoshop of the back-box I'll be using from the Primera:

exhaust.jpg

The car will be off-the-road shortly due to the Primera engine and skyline seats going in, so updates will be few and far between!

been looking at this blog for some time now and i dont think i have said that i really like this car, hope its at JAE so i can look closer :D

looks really clean and tidy for the age, keep at it :D

sorry to hear about the car getting broke into (bit late sorry) ive always wanted a LIVE body shell like the aston martin on james bond so with people touch it ZAP!! :D

cheers all the best

Steve

Thanks a lot mate! :)

Yeah, unfortunately electrified body work is illegal over here...

As is flame-throwers under the car!

Ah well...

flame throwers in under the car.... im sure i saw this at a german car show as an anti hijack option... lol that would be good, BBQ'd thief :D

yeh anyway, keep going look forward to hopefully seeing in the flash soon!! :D

cheers
steve

sorry to hear about the car getting broke into (bit late sorry) ive always wanted a LIVE body shell like the aston martin on james bond so with people touch it ZAP!! :D

cheers all the best

Steve

that was the bmw that was electrified iirc :p

Anyway car looks good mate, looking forward to seeing the engine conversion (Y)

Took whole front end off to fit the pre-facelift lights and check for rust. Looks more aggresive without a front! hehe! ;)

DSC00541.JPG

After light conversion:

DSC00544.JPG

Just gotta re-wire the side light connectors, then they go on! (Y)

Got hold of a Boot release from Steve (IMP) - went in a treat! Cheers mate! (Y)

DSC00551.JPG

Finally got round to putting my brembos on! Before and after:

DSC00554.JPG DSC00553.JPG

Built myself a boot tidy outta high-density foam!
(So sick of the bloody thing rattling about all the time!!!

DSC00556.JPG

After putting the new brakes on, me and the guys tried loads of wheels on it! These are 16", 195 wide, Vauxhall wheels!

DSC00555.JPG

Not keen on the style, but just goes to show what you can get on a standard K10 body! (Lowered 35mm)
(These would rub on the front mudguards if you were overloaded, or turned right into a dip!)

Next to fit:
Super S wheel from Nex (Still need boss kit!!!)
Skyline seats (Welding job!)
High mounted brake light

On the way:

ST dials from Baz (For the conversion)
Carbon pedals from Dan (Squarepants)
Hyper Yellow JDM bulbs from the states!

You not get the Dials yet steve??

Ment to say if you dont need the the looms I left with the dials can you post them back to me?(Y) :laugh:

Doesn't look too bad on those wheels, my K10 now has nova steelies on as they're same fitment!
Skyline seats will be good, but I quite the look of the super s seats.

My Mate has just lost his workshop, so things are moving slowly atm.

As far as I'm aware we're gonna weld the runners from the original seats onto the R34 seat frames.

I'll let you know as soon as I know what's going on! :)

great car mate, looks awesome.
i got a silver k10 also but im finding difficulty gettin paint from the shelf to match.
is your car colour platinum silver S49?

Back