Next South Meet Ideas

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
Right guys n gals, after the success of todays meet, I think we need to organise another.

I was thinking sometime in End of June, Beginning of July, Basically the mid point between now and JAE.

Was thinking somewhere a bit further north, closer to the M25 to make it a bit better for the peeps coming from beds n herts (basically north of the M25)

Post your ideas here!

Yeah north of M25 sounds fine to me. Got to be something around the enfield area.

Sounds good to me! :D

Big thanks to Ollie for getting today's meet together and also to everyone who turned up and made it a wicked day. Can't wait for the next one (And am dreading having to sort through and upload all the pics I took today haha :p)

if it is another meet like yesturdays i will be there even if i have to use a different car basiclly i would not miss it for the world

Throwing an idea on the table - laser quest! most venues would probably be able to accomodate everyone together

Nice Idea Alan!!! like it!

Can you suggest of any suitable venues? Preferably close to a motorway and easily accessible

I noticed your post in the other thread and I agree: you want to DO something. There's only so long you can stand around taking pictures and chatting for. Well, we've done bowling. Pitch n putt? Pub lunch? Go-Karting? Paintballing? Laser Quest? I don't know, hehehe! But something along those lines. And if we could have it in Hertford or Stevenage that would be excellent, hehehehehe :grinning: Nah, anywhere - but it'd be nice if someone else had to drive 2 hours this time!

Creepy!!! As I was typing my post Arnold was suggesting Laser Quest!!!! Spooooooooooky...

Well there's lots of places we can all have dinner around Herts. Got Karting in Letchworth I think, Cinemas all over Herts, Shopping at various places, Quasar in Hemel Hempstead (Think it's still there), Stanborough Park for Picnics, Harpenden has a nice common for taking pics and there's lots of pubs around for a quick drink.

Lots of options to choose from, just decide what you all want to do.

Karting would be a great laugh, although not much talking during the activity...
There's a cracking track up in Milton Keynes, but is that going too far North?

Karting would be a great laugh, although not much talking during the activity...
There's a cracking track up in Milton Keynes, but is that going too far North?

I've heard about that one actually. Meant to be really good. May be a bit far north though. Thinking of keeping it down nearer our end I believe.

i went about a year and a half ago and it was the best day ever
the track is the best ive been on
much better than any indoor track

I was thinking today, would people be up to going to see touring cars or similar - if the weather is nice, we could have some fun in the sun and see some nice cars too?

The next lcalish BTCC is Thruxton in July, either that or silverston or Brands in August, but that clashes with JAE time...

Buckmore Park would be good or a race circuit for some BTCC action. Personally wold prefer Karting as it's slightly more flexible with dates providing there's availability of coarse ;)

Keep me posted as it would be good to get some more shakedown miles on the car even though it's not finished yet.

Ok, I will make some contacts with tracks/airfields and see if there is anything that would be cost-effective.

What about the Abingdon festival that was mentioned in another thread, looks like it would be a good little day out and see some Micras compete too :)

Back