Next North East Meet

Hugh

Just wondering if there are any plans for a meet soon? It's around Sept that we usually have the karting meet.

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
Yes mate, but I aint got a clue to be honest, I do need to sort something but i have a lot on at the moment... Have thought about having a night in at mine again with the x-box as everyone had fun the last time

either that or it could be a laser quest/bowling meet

OP
OP
Hugh

Hugh

The karting would be good, I'm sure that someone else could help out with the arrangements.

Anyway! I'm come to expect the karting each year, would be a shame not to have it for the third year. :p

If we aim for the end of the month it would give enough time to get it booked and the deposits from everyone I think.

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
Well if someone else wants to organise the karting thats fine, but I cant have the financial side of things looming over my head if people dont attend. I would come along but doubt i will be racing as i dont have the money for it

P.s, if we do organise it dans mate aint coming cos he's a semi pro and i think someone within the club shud have a chance of winning, lol

OP
OP
Hugh

Hugh

I agree with Barring Dan's mate as it does kind of put a dampner on things.

I'm in the same boat as you with regards to finances, but will see if we can sort something out.

What was the package that we normally get then and how many people do we need?

Might see if I can drum up some interest, have got a mate with his own cart. Could invite him to give Dan's mate a bit of a challenge lol

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
Just rang them dates available are as follows (all on a saturday)

24th September - 4pm start

1st October - 10am start or 3:30am start

Prices would be £42 per person and a £20 non refundable deposit would be needed asap if this was to go ahead.

A date will need to be sorted, and then deposits collected as a deposit is needed to book it. Then ideally start a new thread to see who wants to attend.

If possible, we cud do the karting on the late afternoon and then back to mine for the evening.

Max 20 people which will include 15min practise and a 30min race....

OP
OP
Hugh

Hugh

Sounds good.

What's the minimum number of peeps we need then?

24th Sounds good. As you say we could have the karting in the afternoon, get something to eat then head back to yours.

Although, security may be an issue, as remember what happened to Dickie's car last time.

Shall start recruiting now

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
I think that was just a one off mate as a car hit his wing mirror as afaik it was parked too far away from the wall, no one else has had any problems in my area.....

Ideally we need to get the full 20 there but i dont think there is a minimum, ideally we need to get details from the members first before we start going further away as we may get some of the other areas attending.

OP
OP
Hugh

Hugh

Well put me down. This is open to everyone from where ever!

Please add names to list if attending and if racing or not:

1. Hugh Racing

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
1. Hugh Racing
2. Neil Watching

Can someone step forward to organise this if possible please, i can arrange everything, but need someone to take on the money side of things, had no problems in the past but I dont have the spare cash to put the deposit down.. Cheers

OP
OP
Hugh

Hugh

Might as well not bother then, as them seems to be a lack of interest.
Guess it must be my magnetic personality repelling everyone.

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
Just think everyone is a bit busy at the moment mate, back to uni, new jobs, other things on..... It is a bit short notice thats all...

danni

Ex. Club Member
well ill be there of course! wont be racing tho as i wont have the money to!

1. Hugh Racing
2. Neil Watching
3. Danni Watching

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Lol, my mate now has his own kart and has won a few competitions... but ended up writing the chassis of his kart off last week which is going to cost him a pretty penny, I'll just not have to tell him lol, finding it hard to get time off work at the mo though. :(

Paynee

Ex. Club Member
1. Hugh Racing
2. Neil Watching
3. Danni Watching
4. Paynee getting in the thick of things ;)

neil if your thinking about warden law for the karts you can usually just turn up and pay, me and my mates have done a few times, dont think you can on a saturday tho cus i think they have league races or sumthing. least if we just turn up and pay theres no hassle collecting deposits, and if we were to turn up and nothing was available we could go to the bowling alley next to mine or sumthing. i could give you a hand sorting things out, but would want to recieve moneys before paying anything out as i wouldnt want to risk losing my own money if people backed out.

OP
OP
Hugh

Hugh

Might be better to move this to Oct, that way people have more notice, and more time to try to get time off if working?

OP
OP
Hugh

Hugh

Seems like there is a large case of apathy at the moment. What the hell has happened? University and the like is not the main reason, things sure seem to be getting dull and boring around here.

Looking in from my perspective it seem like the life has been sucked out of things.

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
Not at all mate, the reason I havent organised anything is I purely havent got the time at the moment, Im so busy with other things unfortunately the meets have had to take a back seat from my side of things, if anyone else wants to organise the next meet by all means go ahead, I really havent got the time, sorry

danni

Ex. Club Member
URL not found Zeon
and where is that?

as for the meets... yes i agree with Hugh thinking that something needs to be organised its been ages since a proper meet NE style.
i really dont mind helping organising this but i dont want to be left in charge of money side of things as i am broke atm so wudnt be able to put deposits down etc..

OP
OP
Hugh

Hugh

Neil, Sorry mate that was not intended as a dig at you. I know we're all busy with things now a days.

It was generalised rant at the club as a whole, as there are some who make the effort but not as many as there used to be.

Think it's funny in a way that it's those who've not got Micra's with the exception of Danni who try to organise things.

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
Yeah its just unfortunate the msc has had to take a number with regards to the things I have on at the moment, and unfortunately its further down the line than it shud be.

I know wot u mean in a way tho, and this is the feeling on the north east which is normally the most active, so who knows wot the feeling is like around the rest of the country.

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
Ive had a few mates go to the boro one, plus I think its the same company who own the two tracks, most people recommenmd the sunderland one, even the professionals.

OP
OP
Hugh

Hugh

The Twin engined Karts at Boro aren't any faster than the one's at Sunderland, or so I've been told by one of my mates who's into his karting (has own kart). He reckons the Boro's are set to run half output on each engine to make them last longer, or so if one dies the other can be set to take over.

If you want a really fast kart then the best bet is to get your own. But your talking a rebuild after so many hours for around £90.

danni

Ex. Club Member
whats the big deal really..... for one it dont look like karting even guna happen at the mo... and as is already established laws restrict the carts so neither are faster