NeX's Micra Gx Blog

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
Stuart said:
Engine is 'in a bad state' now and it needs replacing. Gonna Cost more than the car is worth :(

what with the oil thing?

are you planning on getting a new micra? or is this the end of micras for you? :(

it must be all that hard driving lol

Hard driving??? you must be joking mate, mine gets nothing but love and gives nothing but...... well i cant say it here.

If you really have to ask if i'm staying with micras you dont know me at all! :p

Ems

Ex. Club Member
Blimey someone's been busy!! Look's sweet mate, will also need to have a gander at it when i next c u!! Can't believe no-one noticed at Boxhill!!
Fancy doin my car up for me lol!!!!! ;) :D

W

wildti

looks wicked chap the pc idea sounds really good i had one in my car for a whyle for gps but never done anything like urs will do!!.

just hide the mutant amp and sony sub lol lets the boot down;)

solarice

Ex. Club Member
looks good mate :) was thinking that done to the front bumper would look cool like awhile back...but couldnt bring myself to saw up mine...lol

keep up the good work.

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

Club Member
Stuart said:
Hard driving??? you must be joking mate, mine gets nothing but love and gives nothing but...... well i cant say it here.

If you really have to ask if i'm staying with micras you dont know me at all! :p

LOL, good man :)

Ems said:
Blimey someone's been busy!! Look's sweet mate, will also need to have a gander at it when i next c u!! Can't believe no-one noticed at Boxhill!!
Fancy doin my car up for me lol!!!!!

Thanks Ems, :D well at box hill it was miles away when i first parked it...

ooh a k10, i like a chalenge ;) i had a k10 once :down:

wildti said:
looks wicked chap the pc idea sounds really good i had one in my car for a whyle for gps but never done anything like urs will do!!.

just hide the mutant amp and sony sub lol lets the boot down

well the sound system was one of the first things i did and i didn't realise that mutant amps although £50 were actually crap lol, but i'm happy with the over all sound, except the sub and all it's rattling!!

solarice said:
looks good mate was thinking that done to the front bumper would look cool like awhile back...but couldnt bring myself to saw up mine...lol

keep up the good work.

Thanks solarice, :D i've had the idea for a while too, infact i think everyone has lol, shame nissan didn't catch on ;)

well i wasn't even going to think about saws until i had at least 2 spare bumpers... but it was sooo worth it :D

Ems

Ex. Club Member
NeX said:
Thanks Ems, :D well at box hill it was miles away when i first parked it...

ooh a k10, i like a chalenge ;) i had a k10 once :down:

Is that a yes!! Cool, i have a kit that needs spraying and fitting!!! ;) :p

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

Club Member
big_lez said:
lush car mate lot of work but looks like it has paid off well done

thanks mate, :) it's so nice to have people compliment my car :) all the people at work take the #### so it makes a change lol

detox

euro member!!
nex we should do the k10 it will be are (i will help cos we pland to do it) first car.....nex conversions ltd...... we should make it nice... go on....

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

Club Member
detox said:
nex we should do the k10 it will be are (i will help cos we pland to do it) first car.....nex conversions ltd...... we should make it nice... go on....

ok you get the garage ready :p

W

wildti

the rattleing you sayed about with ur sub is probebly because its not mounted in a proper enclosure , prehaps you might have to loose a lil bit of the boot? and put a desent 10" in with a proper box?? you will also get a beter sound, what is the 8" speaker in the midlle of the parsal shelf about? might make a noise but surely cant help the sound all that much , also it will be a good idea to box in your 6x9's is not good to have 6x9's and sub in same airspace.

as for the mutant amps i have used them back in the day , gd for the money you give for them at 50 quid you cant go wrong but id still do a upgrade.

anyways luv ur car much respect ,

timbo

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

Club Member
wildti said:
the rattleing you sayed about with ur sub is probebly because its not mounted in a proper enclosure , prehaps you might have to loose a lil bit of the boot? and put a desent 10" in with a proper box?? you will also get a beter sound, what is the 8" speaker in the midlle of the parsal shelf about? might make a noise but surely cant help the sound all that much , also it will be a good idea to box in your 6x9's is not good to have 6x9's and sub in same airspace.

as for the mutant amps i have used them back in the day , gd for the money you give for them at 50 quid you cant go wrong but id still do a upgrade.

anyways luv ur car much respect ,

timbo

yea well the whole system needs to be re done really. its before i understood about sub pressure and sound balancing but for my first install i think i did ok :)

the rattling i think is comming from the number plate but i'm sorting that with a smoothed boot ;) i will seal the sub once i get hold of some fiberglass.

the whole point of the install was because at the time i used the boot alot for work (i even got 19 17" monitors in there !!!) and i still want to use the boot.

it actully running twin systems, half is running off the amps and the other half runs off the headunit's amp. the speaker in the middle is a small 8" sub with a low pass filter that is run straight to the HU. i switch the amps off if the engine isn't running but i can still listen to music with a good range of sound :)

yea i know, parcel shelf speakers in general should be avoided but again i did the system before i knew that, and i spent so much time doing it and it works well enough that i haven't bothered to change it ;)

glad you like the car :D

W

wildti

NeX said:
yea well the whole system needs to be re done really. its before i understood about sub pressure and sound balancing but for my first install i think i did ok :)

the rattling i think is comming from the number plate but i'm sorting that with a smoothed boot ;) i will seal the sub once i get hold of some fiberglass.

the whole point of the install was because at the time i used the boot alot for work (i even got 19 17" monitors in there !!!) and i still want to use the boot.

it actully running twin systems, half is running off the amps and the other half runs off the headunit's amp. the speaker in the middle is a small 8" sub with a low pass filter that is run straight to the HU. i switch the amps off if the engine isn't running but i can still listen to music with a good range of sound :)

yea i know, parcel shelf speakers in general should be avoided but again i did the system before i knew that, and i spent so much time doing it and it works well enough that i haven't bothered to change it ;)

glad you like the car :D

fair enuf chap , i might even start paying some attention to my car, might even go as far as giveing it its first wash you never know stranger things have happend (ive had it a year :) )

Timbo ,

Dirty Old K10 1.0 super.
Massive 13" Steelies with nice cracked hubcaps ;)
Kenwood HU
Alpine componants.
Alpine TR4400
Vibe CBR10 Active

paddymarsden

Iggy Iggy oooooooooo
joe boy micra said:
looks great m8. just wondering what you would want with the pc? and where is the mouse and keybord?

music player, GPS, DVD, it could be used for loads of things, im going to build a computer in my car soon, you can control so much from a simple pc, i think he is using a touchscreen for the mouse and keyboard

tommo

Ex. Club Member
this aint bad at all nex, personally not my cup of char but all the same i think you done a grand job on all the bits and the pc deffo looks interestin.

well done bud

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

Club Member
wildti said:
fair enuf chap , i might even start paying some attention to my car, might even go as far as giveing it its first wash you never know stranger things have happend (ive had it a year :) )

Timbo ,

Dirty Old K10 1.0 super.
Massive 13" Steelies with nice cracked hubcaps ;)
Kenwood HU
Alpine componants.
Alpine TR4400
Vibe CBR10 Active
well good luck with it mate, more modded micras = good :)

Ems said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeX
ok you get the garage ready

Ooooh, will i get it cheap then?!!!!

lol :) well if i actually had a garage... :D

joe boy micra said:
looks great m8. just wondering what you would want with the pc? and where is the mouse and keybord?

the pc will do everything :) MP3, DVD, Games, GPS, Internet, WarDriving etc,

its touch screen so no mouse and there will probably be an onscreen keyboard or one in the glove box, but i shouldn't need a keyboard because i wrote the software to be touchscreen only :)

paddymarsden said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe boy micra

music player, GPS, DVD, it could be used for loads of things, im going to build a computer in my car soon, you can control so much from a simple pc, i think he is using a touchscreen for the mouse and keyboard

Spot on mate :) can't wait to see your pc mate. get a relay board then you can have some real fun ;)

for example: I get home forgetting to lock my car, so all i do is dial the pc in my car and wake it on LAN then check if the doors are locked through the relay board inputs and then if the doors are unlocked i tell the pc to lock the doors and then shut it down remotely :D

tommo said:
this aint bad at all nex, personally not my cup of char but all the same i think you done a grand job on all the bits and the pc deffo looks interestin.

well done bud

Thanks mate. one thing i've learnt is you can't please everyone but then my car is for my taste :)

That is how i'd like all modders to think. instead of looking at what the base car is, looking at the quality of the mods and the ideas :)

there will be more on the pc when i get round to it but at the mo the bumpers are top priority. :)

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
NeX said:
for example: I get home forgetting to lock my car, so all i do is dial the pc in my car and wake it on LAN then check if the doors are locked through the relay board inputs and then if the doors are unlocked i tell the pc to lock the doors and then shut it down remotely :D

That is genius!!! I love it. :)

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

Club Member
Fordy said:
nex is something like this for a relay board?

http://www.electronic-kits-and-projects.com/3074.htm

Yea looks good mate, but i used this one:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=42857&criteria=relay board&doy=5m3

cheap, and plenty of inputs (5) and analogue ports for all kinds of things.

i've wired a small step up OpAmp transformer so that the relay board can control the speed of the air con fan. so i can side a control on the screen and the fan will change speed.

so many things you can do that i have more ideas than ports on the relay boards lol :)

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

Club Member
Type-R said:
needs to be dropped.

hahaha i was waiting for someone to say that :)

i'm gonna be spending about 2.5k on coilovers, full whiteline and custom disk brakes front and rear.

going 40/45 drop. nothing mad

Type-R

Ex. Club Member
your going for coilovers yeh and your only going to drop 40mm whats the point! Might as well just drop it on lowering springs then!!

not really my cup of tea with all the mods you have done, but i like the bonnet it has been done to a high quality not sure about the vent though. Is it functional or just to slow you down?

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

Club Member
Type-R said:
your going for coilovers yeh and your only going to drop 40mm whats the point! Might as well just drop it on lowering springs then!!

not really my cup of tea with all the mods you have done, but i like the bonnet it has been done to a high quality not sure about the vent though. Is it functional or just to slow you down?

because i want decent suspention rather than the crappy stock stuff. i'm doing a propper job :) and i'm a bit of a perfectionist so i want coilovers. also i'm after the adjustable effect incase 40mm it too low or too high.

I hate people with fake mods like brake drum covers, stick on scoops and stick on bonnet pins etc... so the scoop was a stick on one from halfords that i cut open with a dremal. i cut the hole in the bonnet with a jigsaw because the metal was too thick for my dremal. the scoop was origenaly to channel air straight onto the throttle body. it was a performance mod not asthetic one. but now i'm going turbo it is kinda useless but it does keep the engine bay cool and i may use it to cool an oil cooler radiator... :)

Type-R

Ex. Club Member
glad to hear...

if your a perfectionist then i would redo your boot install or are you in the process of doing that at the moment?

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

Club Member
Type-R said:
glad to hear...

if your a perfectionist then i would redo your boot install or are you in the process of doing that at the moment?

:)

well the boot will be done, i'm cutting the boot floor out so that it's flat and sealing the sub, converting the parcel shelf so that it folds the other way when you open the boot. i'm happy with the sound so i'm just going to neaten it up,

and seal the 6x9s also convert to alpine stuff.. but it's a low priority because it works at the mo. next is getting the seats retrimed in leather or new back box in the centre after i've taken the spare wheel out....

i'm still waiting to put the bumpers on because I'm not completly happy with them...

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

Club Member
goldstar0011 said:
Is that allowed with the boot?
It's another idea I've thought about but never really persuded as it's not a priority.

yep,

it's not law to have a spare wheel, BMWs don't and the new civic doesn't.

but i may just have it attach underneath instead, or that spare wheel in a can thingy...

the RAC won't change a wheel if you don't have a spare thou... but i might have my low pro space saver on the back seat or something like that. maybe even spray it and work it into my install :)

Type-R

Ex. Club Member
theres a thing called tyre weld fixes a flat and fills it up with some crap beats having a spare. You cant really go that quick with the tyre weld stuff though.

Also you can get tyres that can still be driven even when they have a puncture. My brother has them on his car they didnt cost that much extra.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Type-R said:
Also you can get tyres that can still be driven even when they have a puncture. My brother has them on his car they didnt cost that much extra.

They're called run flat (run on flat) tyres but are only good for about 50 miles on a puncture

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Arnold said:
They're called run flat (run on flat) tyres but are only good for about 50 miles on a puncture

Still, should be enough to get you home or to the local garage, unless you are driving in the desert. :)

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

Club Member
Type-R said:
theres a thing called tyre weld fixes a flat and fills it up with some crap beats having a spare. You cant really go that quick with the tyre weld stuff though.

hmmm well i was thinking about getting some of that but its more for the "OMG my wheel's fallen off!!" situation :)

but run on flats sound like a good investment, when i have some free cash i'll have to get a set :)

Run on flats are what the new civic's are running plus can 'o' crap just to make sure :)

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
paddymarsden said:
run-flats are expensive arent they

Yep my manager was moaning about the cost when getting them fitted to her mini, then again the silly cow moans about everything

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

Club Member
Arnold said:
Yep my manager was moaning about the cost when getting them fitted to her mini, then again the silly cow moans about everything

my boss's Beemer has them and they are 19" low pros! £600 a tyre!!! rich b******!!!