Nex Crashed!!!!!!!

detox

euro member!!
ok,i was in the car a min ago and have just seen nex's car on the back of a lorry with right door all mashed in.

Just spoken to him, and motorbike went into him wen he was turning right (not nex's fault) and the car wheel and suspension are broken and car will not run. Motorcyclist in hospital.

Nex is fine and says he will be out and about son (prob post on here in a min).

i heard, alienfish(phil) just accidentally told me on msn (wrong window)

shame, hope his ok (not shook up or anything)... motorbikes are really bad for that.

Robert said:
jeez, hope alls ok..

aswell as the motorbike guy.
just hope he learns a lesson, i almost knocked a guy of his bike becuase despite i was clearly indicating right to change lane he over took anyway...

Hope he is ok and the dude on the bike. must be a job to fix the car tho as it wont start, needs a wheel and suspension also a door. some moneys worth.

ok, there does not look that much damage but dent in the A-piller and he thinks it is a wright off!!!! :down:

Hi ppl,

thanks all for your nice comments :)

i'm ok, alittle shaken, the guy hit my driver door so i saw a moterbike crash as close as possible without being on the bike. it was so close that i heard the guy screeming as he hit the car!!!

he went over the top of the car and his bike carried on down the road and into a hedge.

i think he's damaged his leg and arm... but the ambulance came pretty quickly. i saw my boss as i was talking to the police so all the work guys know and there was a photographer taking pics the cheeky bastard!

the steering is buckled and the alloy is fudged. it had to go back home on a lorry but the guy driving the lorry liked my car :)

i have spent the whole day sorting the paper work.

oh and i have a smart for 4 as a hire car :( they said they didn't have any micras grr

I might not have the car ready for JAE or they may get everything sorted and i might be better off than before. the A-piller is damaged which means most of the car will need a respray so i'll get them to fill the roof gutters and the arial and they need a new door so i'll have it de locked :)

anyway the bit you've all been wating for.... pics ;) only they are crap :(

Attachments

• 07-06-06_0935.jpg
    07-06-06_0935.jpg
    611 KB · Views: 231
  • 07-06-06_0936.jpg
    07-06-06_0936.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 249
  • 07-06-06_0937.jpg
    07-06-06_0937.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 275
  • 07-06-06_1057.jpg
    07-06-06_1057.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 244
  • 07-06-06_1059.jpg
    07-06-06_1059.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 260
NeX said:
oh and i have a smart for 4 as a hire car :( they said they didn't have any micras grr :(
cant believe you asked!!!
That is a bit of cheak for you, what was the response like?

Looks like a pretty horrible accident actually. That motorcyclist is lucky to be alive.

I ride a motorbike and its a nightmare type accident. One of the first things they taught me on CBT was to never overtake a car turning right. Most bike crashes happen like that. Must have hit you with some force for the bike to end up deep in the hedge like that.

Hope you get the car sorted out and the biker recovers ok.

gam1984 said:
Looks like a pretty horrible accident actually. That motorcyclist is lucky to be alive.

I ride a motorbike and its a nightmare type accident. One of the first things they taught me on CBT was to never overtake a car turning right. Most bike crashes happen like that. Must have hit you with some force for the bike to end up deep in the hedge like that.

Hope you get the car sorted out and the biker recovers ok.

yea thanks mate,

i used to ride a bike and i did almost exactly the same only i skidded instead of crashing... the car was parked on the left and pulling out and i was gonna go round it so i didn't have to slow down but he pulled out and then turned right infront of me so i skidded and went behind him... i was lucky. and my mate has just got out of hospital from hitting a car turning right. its all the bikes out for the summer...

the bike actually stayed upright and the engine was still running so it actually drove itself into the hedge rather than skidding.

i am a bit worried about the guy, he wasn't well. i might have to take the smart car up to the RUH and see him...

Wow, this is why they always run the adverts on tv. It will be interesting to see the outcome on this. I have a feeling the ambulance chasers may come after you claiming its your fault. Glad to hear your ok, and I hope the motorcyclist will be too..

Ed

Ed said:
Wow, this is why they always run the adverts on tv. It will be interesting to see the outcome on this. I have a feeling the ambulance chasers may come after you claiming its your fault. Glad to hear your ok, and I hope the motorcyclist will be too..

Ed

yea it was mad, i had no idea he was there til he hit my car. i watched forward and no cars there then my rear view mirror and no cars there then i turned and got about 45 degrees and bang! i think he was in my blind spot because i didn't see him in the drivers side mirror...

luckily there was a witness that said it was the biker's fault and the police said the same. they chalked out the road and it does look like it was his fault but then i do have tinted rear lights and the sun was behind me so maybe he couldn't see my rear lights.... thats what i'm worried about.

thank Ed, i'm planing to try and see the guy today so i'll let everyone know how he's doing :)

he should be able to tell from your positioning that you were turning. Bikers are dangerous at times. I had one kid on a 125cc thing try to overtake me, going down a hill on a NSL road with a solid line down the middle.

Ian said:
he should be able to tell from your positioning that you were turning. Bikers are dangerous at times. I had one kid on a 125cc thing try to overtake me, going down a hill on a NSL road with a solid line down the middle.

We call them part time australians for a reason.

I particularly enjoy Clarkson's opinions on motorbike riders. So generalised... So True. Hehe

Yom said:
We call them part time australians for a reason.

I particularly enjoy Clarkson's opinions on motorbike riders. So generalised... So True. Hehe

lol, well being an ex motorcyclist i can understand why they do mad things but still it's hard to be a safe biker when bikes are so dangerous...

Glad your ok Nex, hope the biker is too. God u must be having nighmares if u heard his screaming b4 he hit u!! :(

Ems said:
Glad your ok Nex, hope the biker is too. God u must be having nighmares if u heard his screaming b4 he hit u!! :(

thanks Ems, i recon it was the side impact bars that kept me safe, the side of the door is molded round the bar.

yea the guy screaming did mess me up a bit...

hughes_16v said:
damage doesnt look all to bad tbh, glad that evryone involved is ok tho

it's a rubbish photo. the door will need replacing, and the wing and the wing mirror and the clear indicators. the bumper is scuffed but i have a new one anyway. the main problem is the Apiller dent because its part of the chassis and what ever it is that makes the wheels point in one direction and the steering wheel in another hmmm,

anyway its not the end of the beast, i will repair it even if the insurance say its a write off.

Glad to hear your ok mate! was that in corsham?
You need any help fixing it let me know as i'll be around for the summer now uni's kicked out! :D:D:D

Just looking at the pics, the A pillar isnt bent. Just dinged. That can be fixed... But its a fair bit harder than a normal dent.

A bit of stuffing around at some wreckers/breakers will have you a new lower wishbone, steering rack, door and quarter panel. And a bonnet if your current one is dinged/mis-shaped from the prang.

Goodluck!

Stuart said:
Glad to hear your ok mate! was that in corsham?
You need any help fixing it let me know as i'll be around for the summer now uni's kicked out! :D:D:D

lol i did a bit of a stuart didn't i? i have the same A piller dent that you had when you mowed down that dominos pizza boy lol,

it was up in Bath on the upper Bristol road...

well that would be cool, we will have to have a mini meet, you can come and see the 1.6 super s :D

the insurance is sorting it out. if i want to get the insurance to pay for it then they have to do the work which i'm not so happy about cos i don't like other people working on my car... but on the other hand they can do a propper job and i will slip them a few bucks and they can do some extra mods for me ;)

Yom said:
Just looking at the pics, the A pillar isnt bent. Just dinged. That can be fixed... But its a fair bit harder than a normal dent.

A bit of stuffing around at some wreckers/breakers will have you a new lower wishbone, steering rack, door and quarter panel. And a bonnet if your current one is dinged/mis-shaped from the prang.

Goodluck!

Yea but you know how it is, the insurance love writing off cars... if the insurance say its a write off then i'm gonna just stick some filler in there and leave it at that...

the bonnet is ok actually which i'm really glad about because i spent ages bad boying it and fitting the scoop lol,

I'm gonna see what the insurance say first before i go scrappying ;)

Thanks Yom ;) i'll do a whole new post about the car as it gets sorted :D

Yeh i guess you could call it a 'stuart' but you missed the one defining factor of my accident.... A police car coming the other way to watch it all!! :p

Would love to see the 1.6 super s.. how comes you dont drive that? or is it too mad?

Stuart said:
Yeh i guess you could call it a 'stuart' but you missed the one defining factor of my accident.... A police car coming the other way to watch it all!! :p

Would love to see the 1.6 super s.. how comes you dont drive that? or is it too mad?
To mad and he is not insured to drive it at the mo!!!!

Back