newish wheels

superls

K10 Tuner
hi all, i just thought id let you all know that ive just got back with my newly refurbed wheels. well chuffed.
DSCF0005-2.jpg

DSCF0007-1.jpg

DSCF0008-1.jpg

this is only 1 the other 4 are still in the back of the car, till i ger some rubber on them on friday (payday).

OP
OP
superls

superls

K10 Tuner
ye only a tenner a wheel on the backhand like though, a mate of mine if you know what i mean, dropped of covered in mud, brake dust, rust and patchy paint, just over a week ago, collected today looking like above. i am well chuffed

oh ye and all for a tenner a wheel

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Option 3: inside the rim where the 'spokes' meet the rim.

Like this (don't get too upset that my drawing is better than yours):
DSCF0008-1.jpg

Micra 110

Site Supporter
No 1 looks cool! there's a bit of overspray...top right hand corner, 1st pic... lol!

Superls, if your wheels are still in your Car i'd remove them, someone round our way had some nicked...the weird thing is that he had mentioned it on a forum and a few days later the whole lot were gone including 3 new Tyres....tread carefully....no pun intended :)

OP
OP
superls

superls

K10 Tuner
well i went agains the majority jote , on my way home from work i stopped off at auto suplies anf got some 3mm red pinstripe and this is what i have come up with,

DSCF0010-1.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

but im taking off the one in the middle i reckon i only did it as a test.

plus the wheels are safely locked up in me alarmed workshop, cheers for the heads up.

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
aye take the middle off thats to much but the outside strip looks cracking mate :D who could of thought standard steels could look so awesome :D

OP
OP
superls

superls

K10 Tuner
speedle the middle is now off, well tbh it was only on for 10 mins, lol. i never expected the standard wheels to look so good either.

arnold i did option 2 as it was the easiest to do last night, i still might have a go at option to see what it looks like though.

cheers for the comments guys really apreciate it.

K10

Ex. Club Member
I think they look great mate :) very very impressed :)

much better than my satin black rattle can effort :laugh:

100_0918.jpg

despite my browser shafting me....I always thought option 2 was best (the one you chose)......COOOL

I think they look great mate :) very very impressed :)

much better than my satin black rattle can effort :laugh:

100_0918.jpg

DUDE your satin black wheels look amaising!!! its the tyres that let it down (no pun intended)

I am inspired to hide some rust now...may be I should breke out te donor car wheels and get spraying....?

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Superls, you've done an excellent job, what you need to do now is;

Drill 3 holes in your wheel arches on your car, left, top and right. Here you can fit Red LED's which can point towards you nicely painted wheels.

Or Two Red and One Blue so you've got the UK Flag going on.

got to say, i've never seen such awesome steelies =) Nice job, inspiring too, i reckon this could catch on with budget build cars! Stick some low profile rubber on =) I see it now, 15" ones, same styling as yours, 195/55/15 tires. Sorted =) and for less than the cost of 1 alloy wheel + 2 tires.

I want some piccies of them on your car now!

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
very impressive!!!!! you have done a very good job making those steelies look awesome!!! congrats!!!

at first they reminded me of a 106 rallye! a guy i knew had one! looks really nice all in white imo!

Attachments

• P106BIB.jpg
    P106BIB.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 268
it is said that you can fit steels the other way around to dish them! i dont know if that is true or not? if they are weighted up i carnt see there be a problem. worth a try? take her for a spin with them the wrong way around? lol

they aren't constructed to work like that, its all to do with the dish on the stud holes being reversed, plus the stress on the studs and the bearings would be immense.

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
It can be done on the old minis, cos they weighed nothing. I did it on a fully loaded trailer to fit under new arches and the bearings sheared off sending the wheel flying, luckily stopped by a tree.