Original HKS SQV installed

IMG_20121026_184626.jpg

new racing shift tower

IMG_20121026_182652.jpg

New original GTR R33 key

gtrkey2.jpg

gtrkey.jpg

man you your comment rocks!

A week ago me and my brother were looking your thread and your K10 rules! If you install a supercharger you will have the ultimate ma series engine!

Haha thanks! :D

Little out of my league to get a supercharger plumbed in too!

Your motor is pretty sweet too!

Did you replace the stock bypass valve with ssqv? Did it get more complicated then taking the vacuum line from the bypass and putting it back to ssqv? what purpose does the wires have going to the bypass?

You still have to retain the bypass valve for the system to work, the ssqv is just a blow off valve

thats what i was wondering too since the stock bypass changes the direction of air passing makes it necessary. Thanks alot!

It doesnt change direction the turbo just bypasses the super charger and they work fine with out the bov

no Tuuka i have both sqv and bypass valve. In this car i dont think you can remove the bypass valve.

No that i am forging the engine i am thinking of a stand alone ECU like HKS Fcon and make the bass valve to work like in the new VW's, without all these pipes. If i can afford it i will do it. If not i will install and program an emanage ultimate.

my second block is on its way..
IMG_0006_zps7fd36467.jpg

IMG_0005_zps726b9e84-1_zps047e6506.jpg

In a few days i will have the new custom inlet manifold, i bought 35mm turbosmart external wastegate, emanage ultimate, nismo flange from Matt, forged pistons, custom tuned cam shaft and many more to come..

If I was you going a big forged build like this is pin the liners like they do with subaru open deck and semi closed deck blocks, or machine an insert and press it into the open deck. In my opinion this along with a proper head stud kit and a good head gasket will make the engine bomb proof.......... just a thought, runinng big power in an open block like that something is going to move and you kidding yourself if you think otherwise

this job is in the list because i want to use a 22' garrett turbo and 2 bar so we conspired it. Many things are and will be done to make it nuclear bomb proof.

Also as i know subaru blocks have problems.. My goal is to make an engine by a professional and not open every now and then to change gasket or piston rings

Baz relatively speaking these engines produce so little power (in the grand scheme of things) that I feel what you suggest is not necessary.

filling the block will raise temperature and i dont want to. maybe i want do it and i believe our blocks can suffer a lot.
What exactly is not necessary Ed? i am not offensive just asking

Sorry, My post wasn't clear. Bracing of the block is unnecessary. I.e. you can leave it open.

Baz relatively speaking these engines produce so little power (in the grand scheme of things) that I feel what you suggest is not necessary.

Really ok . But would you not agree a decent stud kit for the head?

Only if they have the same amount of threads on them as the OEM ones.

Really ok . But would you not agree a decent stud kit for the head?
if i understood it right i discussed it again and we considered the temperature. Ma09 blocks are strong enough i believe. we will see. now i am waiting pistons and inlet manifold.

Back