Newbie tech queries

C

Carrotline

Hello, Couple of newbie tech queries, probably obvious / dumb so please bear with me.

First of all, the blowers in my 93 car only work on max setting. Whereabouts is the variable resistor thing that I'll need to change and how involved is it?

Also, If I start the car and it stalls or is turned off immediately afterwards, it won't start for ages - just turns over and over and over...
It's a one litre motor and I've just picked it up for my sister to use. Great little motor but I'd like to sort these niggles out before handing it over.

Cheers in anticipation...

not quite sure on the resistor as im k10 aint really looked at k11 heater matrix. but the other one is the injectors over fuelling. ALOT of members have noticed this and they simple state about removin the fuse to the fuel pump turning it over. then replace the fuse and it shall start up first time. supposedly. but best ask the k11 guys. im k10 through and through

Dont know much about the starting problem m8 but your resistor is under your glovebox, take out the 2 screws or bolts to take old one out then put new one in SIMPLE, you cant miss the resistor as it looks the same shape as a credit card, regards MTB:.

Thanks for the responses. Have been contacted regarding a s/h resistor for the heater blower so I'll address that this weekend. I'll just tell her not to stall after starting...

Another thing I noticed today, but these could be general car and not Micra specific. Firstly, it has a Pioneer head unit and the standard aerial above the A-pillar on the driver's side - Are the aerials known for poor radio reception?

And while you're all being so helpful, how do the standard speaker grills come off the doors - Do they push fit or is there a knack...

ta in anticipation...

And while you're all being so helpful, how do the standard speaker grills come off the doors - Do they push fit or is there a knack...

mine are built into the door pocket, so i needed to remove the whole door panel, then they unscrew from behind.

Cheers Solarice.

I'll get my screwdriver out and stop trying to pull it forwards...

Yeah you need to take the panel of to get to the speakers. the aerial in my mums car (93) is crap, cant say alot for the one in my car either(96).

Back