New wheels

Baz

Ex. Club Member
I have been looking for a nice "JDM" style wheel in 14x6" with a nice offset for the st for a long time now and these popped up forsale,not sure on the model but they are Rays Engineering. . . .this is how they looked when i got them with 165 70/14 tyres :laugh:

Image180.jpg

Image182.jpg

The little st then sat up like this for 3 weeks (Y)

Image192.jpg

Image191.jpg

And collected them today with a rand new set of Yokohama A048's on them

Image211.jpg

Image210.jpg

Image212.jpg

Image213-1.jpg

Let me know what you guys think

Baz

good work - powder coated or painted? either way its a good colour.

can you confirm the offset if they fit OK? I have a problem with mine.

BTW not sure about the tyre choice....over here yoko a048r are expensive for their performance - dunlop dz03 or bridgestone re55 perform better and are a little cheaper here.

OP
OP
Baz

Baz

Ex. Club Member
good work - powder coated or painted? either way its a good colour.

can you confirm the offset if they fit OK? I have a problem with mine.

BTW not sure about the tyre choice....over here yoko a048r are expensive for their performance - dunlop dz03 or bridgestone re55 perform better and are a little cheaper here.

Painted man ,they are et34 offset usually a 38 on these cars.As regards the tyre chice I wanted toyo R888's but they only came in a 60 profile so I went for these,its such a light car i doubt if it will make much difference tbh

yeah I've seen 88 work very well on light cars too. anyway they will sure be better than road tyres, they just drop off pretty quickly after a few heat cycles....stay away for daily use.

thanks re offset :D

OP
OP
Baz

Baz

Ex. Club Member
yeah I've seen 88 work very well on light cars too. anyway they will sure be better than road tyres, they just drop off pretty quickly after a few heat cycles....stay away for daily use.

thanks re offset :D

No bother man ,what you mean drop off? as in grip level?

linz0577

Ex. Club Member
nice set of retro rays you have there my mate a hard fine these days .... are they magnessium? i love these ao48s look the dogs got them on my toyota mate

OP
OP
Baz

Baz

Ex. Club Member
nice set of retro rays you have there my mate a hard fine these days .... are they magnessium? i love these ao48s look the dogs got them on my toyota mate
I'm not to sure on what model rays they are or what they are made of John tbh. The steering is incredibly light now though. Had the car on track yesterday and the tires are excellent cannot fault them at all.