New User - Need some advice!

Hey Guys!
I've come across this website several times whilst searching for things related to micra's (mostly K11) and seen a lot of sweet projects on here so after a while now I thought it was time to sign up.

I don't have a license yet, but I'm going to be learning to drive soon. I'm currently 19 years old but i've been using a motorbike for the past 2 years to get about but now it's time for me to get a cage. I've had the thought of getting a Micra for over a year now and I want to add my own individual style to it, always loved modding my own **** and expressing myself through it. (I'm not new to cars by the way, but im no genius) but I do love to play about as I have a lot of ideas I have filed away for this car.

Basically I just want help with deciding what Micra to get (K11 only, non-debatable) ;p

Engine size isn't a big issue as I'm no ricer, (I'm not going to be racing every Corsa I see, or people wearing snapbacks) as long as I can drive on the motorway at 70mph without shaking and hitting the red line in 5th gear, I'm happy.

It's my first car so obviously Insurance will be a bit of a problem with a bigger engine, but it's still seen as a "granny" car, so i'm sure it wouldn't be too bad.

I've got a Yamaha R1 engine with 20k miles (came from a write-off but works perfectly with no issues) which i'll throw into the Micra after a year or so anyway, got the engine for free so i'm in no rush. (Sorry to the guys who hate that idea) ;P

Thanks,
Tim

If you want a k11 and you're not too bothered about the engine size get whatever is in the best condition for your budget (check sills and front crossmember and everywhere else for rust, check engine for chain rattle and you're good to go).

A 1.3 / 1.4 cruises better than a 1.0.

If you want interior goodies look for higher spec but most things can be retro fitted, so you could consider doing that if you are going to be modifying anyway.

I look forward to seeing the R1 engine in it.

Probably the reason why you didnt get any replies!, some of the best micras are on this forum specially turboed ones and also nissan engineers float here.. Maybe they soaked in the offence!

J
Haha yeah probably! I didn't mean it as my own views though haha, just what it's referred to around here mostly which is completely wrong! ;p

If you want a k11 and you're not too bothered about the engine size get whatever is in the best condition for your budget (check sills and front crossmember and everywhere else for rust, check engine for chain rattle and you're good to go).

A 1.3 / 1.4 cruises better than a 1.0.

If you want interior goodies look for higher spec but most things can be retro fitted, so you could consider doing that if you are going to be modifying anyway.

I look forward to seeing the R1 engine in it.

Okay that's great, I was thinking about the 1.3/1.4 SR firstly but wasn't sure about Insurance prices and that but they seem to be pretty decent. I defininately want it to have the more up-to date odometers that includes the Rev Counter as most I see that i'm interested in have the huge fuel indicator, but I guess that could always be changed.

Thank you for the help! Appreciate it

I offered to buy my granddaughter a micra (18) for her first car, no way she said its a granny car !!!! she bought herself a corsa.....youngsters pfft!!! don't know nuffink LOLZ.

Back