New to this

I've recently bought a pao auto tragic and I'm wanting to convert to manual , I'm no stranger to engine swaps and fabricating stuff but I'm just after what's available and fairly straight forward , k11 seem plentiful but I'm interested in knowing what will and won't work, like driveshafts, speedo drive , linkages etc , I'd do a straight k10 swap but can't find anything local to Newcastle and most seem to be 4speed only . Cheers Mitch .

You'll need

Gearbox
Rear engine Mount
Gearbox mount
Gear linkage and rubber mounts
Driveshafts
Clutch Cable
Flywheel & Clutch
Pedal set
Fettle the wiring for the reverse lights

K10 is the easiest thing to do
If you start messing with K11 parts it gets slightly more complicated but the same list applies
Gearbox mount, rear mount and gear linkage will need modifying to suit, but that's about it
K10 driveshafts fit the preface 1.0 K11 box, you'll need the Flywheel and clutch from a K10 still (160mm)

Cheers I'm finding it hard to find a k10 5 speed so k11 is looking more likely I'm busy sorting wheels and ride hight at the minute , got some gaz ultralows for the rear and Lupo units up front

I LOVE paos :D
Looks in great condition :D
I'd personally use the k11 box with the slight modifications as they're easier to find :) xx

I've just bought a 5speed k10 so I will have everything at hand, tonight I modified some vw Lupo front coilovers to fit and I'm happy with the drop

Back