New to the forum

Hi to all , new here just picked myself up a 96 k11 as was sick of looking at other overpriced vehicles … we had a purple k11 in the family from new for many years so it’s kind of a sentimental thing but would like to modify this one and possibly do a few track days .
I’m still currently learning however see this as a challenge as the car is currently a 1.0 automatic and so would like to upgrade to a min of 1.4 engine will probably need advice along the way ?

Attachments

• 5052A2B8-8C8D-439B-A705-5C49C1B9D4FE.jpeg
    5052A2B8-8C8D-439B-A705-5C49C1B9D4FE.jpeg
    409.9 KB · Views: 132
SNAP!

Engine swaps, from what I gather, are fairly straight-forward - but are still engine swaps. Depending on what engine type you go for (dizzy vs coilpack) it may mean swapping out looms and ECUs as well which is a pain.

There are some quick / easier mods you can do in the meantime though.

Airbox from a GA16DE is a good starting point :D

Attachments

• E0YeAi4XoAc2R45 (1).jpg
    E0YeAi4XoAc2R45 (1).jpg
    572.4 KB · Views: 126
SNAP!

Engine swaps, from what I gather, are fairly straight-forward - but are still engine swaps. Depending on what engine type you go for (dizzy vs coilpack) it may mean swapping out looms and ECUs as well which is a pain.

Looking forward to this mate! I was looking at a purple preface myself before I got mine, but it was a bit too far away haha

Looking forward to this mate! I was looking at a purple preface myself before I got mine, but it was a bit too far away haha
Yeah well in durham
And this car was in bath , I knew if I was to get a k11 it had to be this colour as it’s want my Nan had ? not all
That easy to come by especially in 3 door from what I gathered thanks for the welcome guys

SNAP!

SNAP!

Are you in the process of a conversation ? If so what have you decided on ?

Not converting at the moment Got lucky with a 1.3 manual in good condition.

I am toying with swapping in a 1.0 gearbox for the acceleration.

Hi to all , new here just picked myself up a 96 k11 as was sick of looking at other overpriced vehicles … we had a purple k11 in the family from new for many years so it’s kind of a sentimental thing but would like to modify this one and possibly do a few track days .
I’m still currently learning however see this as a challenge as the car is currently a 1.0 automatic and so would like to upgrade to a min of 1.4 engine will probably need advice along the way ?

Welcome, like the berry colour - on conversions the 1.4 isn't a straight swap as the heads are different (coilpack vs dizzy) so you're looking at a 1.3 (straight swap) or something larger and more work...

Welcome, like the berry colour - on conversions the 1.4 isn't a straight swap as the heads are different (coilpack vs dizzy) so you're looking at a 1.3 (straight swap) or something larger and more work...
Thanks Craig ile be looking for an engine next month I think ,

what’s your thoughts on coilovers , corsa b’s or the more expensive being say bc coilovers is it really worth all the cash , sure the corsa work well ??

Think it depends what you want to use the car for and how long you'll have it - I've only ever used Micra-specific suspension mods so can't really give much of a comparison between the two, but in general terms you really get what you pay for with coilovers

Think it depends what you want to use the car for and how long you'll have it - I've only ever used Micra-specific suspension mods so can't really give much of a comparison between the two, but in general terms you really get what you pay for with coilovers
I would a agree Craig , appreciate the info

Thanks Craig ile be looking for an engine next month I think ,

what’s your thoughts on coilovers , corsa b’s or the more expensive being say bc coilovers is it really worth all the cash , sure the corsa work well ??
Worth noting the Corsa Bs aren't a straight fit, you have to combine suspension bits from the corsa and the micra and (I think) have to drill mounting points.

Sounds ####e pal
The Corsa b coils are actually very nearly a straight fit I believe, I think you have to widen the part on the coilover that bolts to the bottom by like a few mm, and the top is a direct fit to the strut tower, iirc. I haven't done it mind so don't quote me hahaha. But yeah lots of members have done it so it can't be too much hassle

The Corsa b coils are actually very nearly a straight fit I believe, I think you have to widen the part on the coilover that bolts to the bottom by like a few mm, and the top is a direct fit to the strut tower, iirc. I haven't done it mind so don't quote me hahaha. But yeah lots of members have done it so it can't be too much hassle
I will have to look into it I think you need a spacer on the top, obviously quite a price difference so we’ll see , thanks for the reply

Back