New to Micra's - 2002 facelift repair advice

Hi all,

New to the forum and micras in general,
The one i have is a 1L 2002 K11 facelift model,
It seems to have been taken care of mechanically wise but im noticing a few odd bits that need looking into and just thought i'd ask around for advice before i go in all guns blazing;
  1. Noisy vibrating noise under car (presuming the heat guard above the exhaust)
  2. Clunky noise under car when selecting gears (possibly some sort of guard plate loose?)
  3. Rubber window seal at the rear is damaged about mid way at the top (easy to replace?)
  4. Drivers door sagging but not damaging the paint...YET (replace hinges or easy fix if tightened up?)
I dont have the car on my drive yet, will probably be start of April before i can work on it so just wondering if these are easy fixes and if the parts that could be needed are easy to get hold of?

Im mainly using the Micra to get me back and to to uni for a couple of months as my Proton is a bit knackered and i dont have the time to keep working on it but im liking the idea of modifying the micra in future depending if i can get these few bits sorted easily

Cheers in advance!
Dylan

Heat Shield on the down pipe and the gear change , probs a snaped return spring, may notice the gear stick doesn't center properly
Back window rubber , can just just pop to the scrappy and they can be pulled off easy enough and door just wants a new set of hinges , find a 5door model they wear less

Hi all,

New to the forum and micras in general,
The one i have is a 1L 2002 K11 facelift model,
It seems to have been taken care of mechanically wise but im noticing a few odd bits that need looking into and just thought i'd ask around for advice before i go in all guns blazing;
  1. Noisy vibrating noise under car (presuming the heat guard above the exhaust)
  2. Clunky noise under car when selecting gears (possibly some sort of guard plate loose?)
  3. Rubber window seal at the rear is damaged about mid way at the top (easy to replace?)
  4. Drivers door sagging but not damaging the paint...YET (replace hinges or easy fix if tightened up?)
I dont have the car on my drive yet, will probably be start of April before i can work on it so just wondering if these are easy fixes and if the parts that could be needed are easy to get hold of?

Im mainly using the Micra to get me back and to to uni for a couple of months as my Proton is a bit knackered and i dont have the time to keep working on it but im liking the idea of modifying the micra in future depending if i can get these few bits sorted easily

Cheers in advance!
Dylan

1. Yeah it will be the heat shield somewhere. A universal spanner (some call them hammers) will deal with that.

2. Not sure but probably linkage. Might just need greasing.

3. That rubber is just a weather strip, not necessary to seal the window at all. They all shrink and pill away at the joint.

4. Door hinges are rubbish on these, I tried loosening the bolts and retightening them which worked for a few months. New ones from a scrapyard or washers on the bottom one to space the door away. That's what I have planned next.

Edit: Somehow completely missed nissan boys comment there. We basically said exactly the same things anyway.

"It just looks like a scrotum" - Jeremy Clarkson on the K12

Cheers guys I have only just seen these replies, much appreciate the input!
I still don't have the car until the start of April but will keep it all in mind!

Also is there any go-to places (other than scrapyards) to get parts for the micra, I know eBay and eurocarparts are probably the best bet for the big bits but wondered if there was anywhere else that you might know of

I still don't have the car until the start of April but will keep it all in mind!

Also is there any go-to places (other than scrapyards) to get parts for the micra, I know eBay and eurocarparts are probably the best bet for the big bits but wondered if there was anywhere else that you might know of
Were you from?
Euro car parts is decent for some parts but can be expensive for others , eBay, Facebook Micra pages, all pends on what ypou want and want to do with it, most upgrade parts are straight bolts on like tweeters, rear speakers, foglights, ect

I always use micksgarage but they are an Irish company so I don't know if they would ship to ye. Anyway, decent prices and free postage over 50 euro on everything. Other than that, my best friends family own a scrapyard. Literally everything can be got there at decent prices too I'd think. Or as nissan boy said, Facebook is a great resource for that sort of stuff

"It just looks like a scrotum" - Jeremy Clarkson on the K12

Back