NEW TO MICRA K12 - help needed

Hi everyone,

I just bought a 2003 Nissan Micra K12 today. It's a really nice car, but I'm having some trouble with the following:

#1 : my car has the keyless ignition and entry features. How does this work?

#2 : I have found that often when I unlock the car with the remote, it's only the two front doors that unlocks. Then I have to lock the doors again and then unlock, to be able to open the two back doors. which is a hassle. Is it something I'm doing or what is that about?

Thanks in advance

I don't have one (I am looking at a K12, I currently have a Leaf) but I think it works exactly like the Leaf - there are sensors in the door handle that detect when the keyfob is near and the door handle button unlocks it. There should be an emergency keyslot either by pulling back a piece of the door handle or possibly it's a normal lock on the passenger's side. The Leaf has a pushbutton start but I believe the Micra you just turn the ignition barrel.

I'm not sure about the back doors, it sounds like the safety setting where the remote/button only unlocks the drivers door, so that an attacker can't jump in another door. The manual should say how to disable it, but a quick Google suggests unlocking the car and then press both keyfob buttons for 5 seconds to disable it.

In order to start without the key you first have to push the brake pedal. Then you can turn the "key"

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G800F met Tapatalk

#2 : I have found that often when I unlock the car with the remote, it's only the two front doors that unlocks. Then I have to lock the doors again and then unlock, to be able to open the two back doors. which is a hassle. Is it something I'm doing or what is that about?

Some cars unlock just the front or driver door with one button press and unlock all with two. Unsure if this is how a K12 works as well.

Back