New to me K12

Hi Guys, I've just bought a K12 for my daughter to learn to drive on and to use after she passed her test. It seems a nice little car. Bought from a dealer who is currently putting 12 months MOT on it. The old MOT history shows it's been passing without advisories. Mileage of 63k checks out. Bodywork is in great condition for the year. And it's had one owner from new which I have confirmed on the V5. Good service history. I said I wouldn't buy from a dealer but I looked at a few and this one was the nicest.
Parkers guide says it's a 1.2 Visia (09) 3d 2010/10 So I'm assuming it was manufactured in 2009 but registers in 2010 ?
It's got the original radio. But I forgot to look to see if it's fitted with a. Aux port or not. If not I guess I'll be looking for some way for her to play the music on her I phone.
I like the fact that it's got a chain not a cam belt. And I hear they are normally reliable cars. But really she loves the looks and the colour and it suits her really well.
Hoping to pick it up around new year.
Does anyone know whether this model comes with an aux port or not ?
Heres a photo of the radio. I think it's the stock radio? Hopefully I can work with this.
3eaec86bd65348d08fd4eaa84de6f38a.jpg

Last edited:
Get a bluetooth fm transciver to use in cigarette plug will cost you like 15$, set the fm frequency, connect to the tranciver via bluetooth, dial into the set frequency on the radio, play your music from the phone

Attachments

• Bluetooth-FM-Transmitter-Dual-Fast-Car-Charger-BC71-TF-USB-A-QC3-0-Type-C-PD-36W-24062021-01-p.jpg
    Bluetooth-FM-Transmitter-Dual-Fast-Car-Charger-BC71-TF-USB-A-QC3-0-Type-C-PD-36W-24062021-01-p.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 100
Get a bluetooth fm transciver to use in cigarette plug will cost you like 15$, set the fm frequency, connect to the tranciver via bluetooth, dial into the set frequency on the radio, play your music from the phone
Thanks. Yes I did look at those but luckily when we picked up the car it had a working aux port.

Modern car stereos are cheap now for all the toys, you can also upgrade the radio to the nissan satnav one, that has bluetooth, etc too for about the same money.

Modern car stereos are cheap now for all the toys, you can also upgrade the radio to the nissan satnav one, that has bluetooth, etc too for about the same money.
Yes that's true. I just put a dab radio in my old Volvo 940. For the moment she's happy as long as she can connect her I phone via the aux port. I quite like the original look of the radio.

Hi Guys, I've just bought a K12 for my daughter to learn to drive on and to use after she passed her test. It seems a nice little car. Bought from a dealer who is currently putting 12 months MOT on it. The old MOT history shows it's been passing without advisories. Mileage of 63k checks out. Bodywork is in great condition for the year. And it's had one owner from new which I have confirmed on the V5. Good service history. I said I wouldn't buy from a dealer but I looked at a few and this one was the nicest.
Parkers guide says it's a 1.2 Visia (09) 3d 2010/10 So I'm assuming it was manufactured in 2009 but registers in 2010 ?
It's got the original radio. But I forgot to look to see if it's fitted with a. Aux port or not. If not I guess I'll be looking for some way for her to play the music on her I phone.
I like the fact that it's got a chain not a cam belt. And I hear they are normally reliable cars. But really she loves the looks and the colour and it suits her really well.
Hoping to pick it up around new year.
Does anyone know whether this model comes with an aux port or not ?
Heres a photo of the radio. I think it's the stock radio? Hopefully I can work with this.
View attachment 76841
no aux.
buy a bluetooth dingle for cig lighter and cast it to the radio. works very well

Can you not add an aux port wire from that radio from the rear of the unit or circuit board.
I think I've seen before when someone adds USB or aux to an older style radio unit.
Not sure if it would work on these.
I have to use aux on one car and USB in the other it has both but prefer USB.
Downside of bluetooth is it then uses up power from the cigar power port.
Having wires sitting around can be annoying especially on modern vehicles.

i bought a cig lighter usb plug , 5A out of lidl for £3,, butchered it open, soldered in 2 wires and powered it off the cig socket (behind) and i hid it up under the dash,, near where the bolt is that holds the radio for signal, and my phone will be up there on a rubber mat. plugged in the radio transmitter and set it to 103mhz, on button 5 on the radio. anyone searches and connects can play their music or use it for hands free.

you could wire another usb onto the glove box too and put it in there. anywhere you want

people dont know it's there.

Thanks for the reply guys. When I went to see the car I forgot to look to see if there was an aux port which is why I asked on here. When I picked the car up I found there was one there. So all good. I believe earlier years didn't have one on the base model?

Thanks for the reply guys. When I went to see the car I forgot to look to see if there was an aux port which is why I asked on here. When I picked the car up I found there was one there. So all good. I believe earlier years didn't have one on the base model?
Yeah no aux in my micra . I used the bluetooth fm device at first in mine, then a battery changed caused the radio to need the code i did not have, so i have now installed a aftermarket android radio

Was thinking about modding the radio surround, to take double din here.
Found one post showing how they had done it but didn't look very good.
It was different style tho with the top having the little mini glove box or whatever.
The gaps in side was pretty big so it would have to be filled properly to make a good custom look.
The trouble is finding a surround that can accommodate the double din.
I guess I just think it would be cool to have a larger screen for backing up camera and Bluetooth compatibility without having to run wires back and forth.
A spare surround and a double din unit would be handy to do some test fitting.

That's true but the trims on all I see are black and my trim is in a silver or grey.
The other thing all the ones I'm seeing are in poor condition with buttons missing.
And for £200 abit pricey.
The other thing is loss of the top box computer that give out fuel economy would have to be removed.
If it were on the tacho no problem maybe that would be the case for some models.
The one you showing looks different to those I've seen so maybe are a few different types also.
You can get them with the surround but the surround you don't seem to be able to get online so the only option would be a breakers.

Here is sample of what would be available if buying one online.
Its the same one with button missing at 190 offers accepted.
Button missing, not in UK, not shown turned on and shabby conditions.
Probably not wise to choose this since it might not even be working or the screen could have dead pixels.
The trim isn't a big deal as I had some wrap that matched perfectly in grey/silver.

Replacement button is possible but finding one that will fit nice might not be easy.
Then lastly wiring loom would they be a straight swap or cut chop and solder.
Someone said it would fit but won't know without having the unit to plug in.
Image taken from eBay.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220225_151706.jpg
    Screenshot_20220225_151706.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 110
I would try look for a double din android on amazon / ebay you can gem em fairly cheap, i got a single din with retractable screen. I just gotta switch the trip computer and radio around though

Attachments

• IMG_20220225_164921.jpg
    IMG_20220225_164921.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20220225_164943.jpg
    IMG_20220225_164943.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 86
Thanks that helps bring more results.
So Note, Duke, Qashqui, Cube.
Most look similar. Not had one before does anyone know if the double din has different sizes or are they standard.