New tb fitted

Everything plugged in (?)
If a second hand / scrapper TB - could be faulty, won't be the first time that has happened.

Last edited:
Everything plugged in (?)
If a second hand / scrapper TB - could be faulty, won't be the first time that has happened.

Have triple checked everything,taken it out,put it back in,checked and adjusted idle sensor on side,many times!. It is a new/reconditioned tb,i can only imagine that its faulty. Had my car plugged into diagnostics and idle just jumps all over the place and get the odd backfire,wont settle no matter what,.... Must be a faulty TB.

Do think the soldering repair would sort it out,have put my old TB back on for now,which tends to keep revs up for few seconds after stopping but at least i can use my car
There is a very good thread on here (video) showing the repair being done.
Have a go and see what happens, it normally fixes this sort of problem.

I sorted out the new tb problem,....opened up the panel for resoldering as thought this could be the problem. Opened up panel and found the 3 points that come inside to the soldering board,from the outside plug,hadnt been soldered!, tgats why it was so erratic with idling and wouldnt settle!!!. So,soldered the 3 points,re-silled the panel back on,put TB back on n hay-prestow,all sorted,lol.

Cheers for all help and advice ppl,much appreciated.