New stereo, what are all these wires?

T

tigercore

ok, before i begin i have never done anything like this before so i apologies if im missing the obvious.

got myself a new stereo unit but the ISO block things are different shape/size on the car and the new unit.

does anyone have a reference to which wires are which.

here are the wires.

SPEAKER BLOCK:
Blue (with black stripe)
Red (blue stripe)
Red (black stripe)
Brown
Blue
Black(red stripe)
Black(white stripe)

OTHER BLOCK:
Black(yellow stripe)
Black(pink stripe)
Red (Black stripe)
Red(yellow stripe)

If anyone can tell me which is the constant 12v, the earth, the main 12v (that comes on with the ignition) etc.

Or am i making this really complicated?

you will need to say what car you've got so people can advise!!! Depending on what car you should be able to buy an iso adaptor for the wiring from somewhere like halfords

that would help

its a P-REG nissan micra, 1993 ( i think)

Z_Nissan-Micra.JPG

ok this question already been asked a thousand times - here was my answer to the last one and whatever you do just follow i5t, dont try cutting wires or out like that:

ok so you wanna aftermarket HU. First choose which HU ur after. Then take ur old HU out and it shud have a cage around it, remove that or u can buy a new one for about 99p and thats that. To remove the old HU u will need to undo the 2 screws underneat the ashtrau on the panel and there is also 2 screws elsewhere...cant think of top of my head someone will know. Anyway, then you can remove the centre panel thing and easy access to your Hu.

There is a wiring loom that comes out of the HU and joins into another loom. When you buy an aftermarket HU, the loom on the back of the Hu will not fit into the other loom so you need to buy an ISO adapter lead (usually on ebay for like £2) but can get from anywhere like halfords n motor-world. ( I think the one ur after is for all nissan models ) If in doubt ask, the bloke will know what ur on bout. Anyways, this adapter goes in between the loom from the Hu to the other one so joining them. Dont attempt chopping wires if u dont know what ur doing. Then simply screw the dash back in and bobs ur uncle. Oh yeah, u might need an arial adpater thing, there about 99p - again the bloke will know what ur on bout, this just allows you to connect ur arial lead to your new HU.

I think thats all, you wont need brackets our out though

This is what your looking for:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...eName=WDVW

or any of the following at a quick glance

http://search.ebay.co.uk/nissan-ISO_W0QQ...40QQsojsZ1

ok nice thanks for that.

but, i already cut some of the sires, yeah that was stupid but its too late now.

there is a six pin connector thing, with four wires that go into it (the four mentioned in the first post)

if anyone can tell me where these go that would be most helpfull.

Tell you the easy way (if your wires haven't been cut). Have a look at:

http://digitalsounddirect.co.uk/shop/product_list/c_path/53_77_99.html

You're able to just use these adaptors without the need of cutting wires.

Hope I've been some help...

Attachments

• Picture(120).jpg
    Picture(120).jpg
    6 KB · Views: 285
  • Picture(124).jpg
    Picture(124).jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 286
  • Picture(118).jpg
    Picture(118).jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 275
Or just get a multimeter and measure the outputs from the pins/bare wires! :)

"me thinks"
black is the gnd wire...im sure it says it on it in very "small" writing check the wires some do have little bits of writing on them also u could still rewire the wires how they were again...

ps...im colour blind...lol

stereo wiring

tigercore;10164 does anyone have a reference to which wires are which. here are the wires. SPEAKER BLOCK: Blue (with black stripe) Red (blue stripe) Red (black stripe) Brown Blue Black(red stripe) Black(white stripe) OTHER BLOCK: Black(yellow stripe) Black(pink stripe) Red (Black stripe) Red(yellow stripe) If anyone can tell me which is the constant 12v said:
both my radio and cars harnises have been cut> i have figured out the radio wires but dont know the car wires. it is the same wires as mentione above.

HELP please

both my radio and cars harnises have been cut> i have figured out the radio wires but dont know the car wires. it is the same wires as mentione above.

HELP please

this thread is nearly 5 years old for god sake cant you start another anyway you have a fiesta right ? and this is a micra forum but we shall try and help. have the wires been cut once, twice, more? and where are they? are they not the same colour etheir side of the cut?

Back