New shock absorbers - uprated

B

Ben

Ok so since puttint the 16"s on and lowering 35mm (Gmax) ive had nothing but trouble + the fact the car doesnt really sit low enough for my liking. So im going to upgrade the whole suspension soon. Can anyone suggest particular shock absorbers or anything like that coz the standard ones r crap. Anyone know where to get em from and how much i will be looking at, wouldnt mind improving the ride quality too, i feel every bloody bump in the road

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
What kind of price are you looking at?

I'm about to order some springs, but wasnt planning on going for new shocks......what kind of problems were you getting?

OP
OP
B

Ben

Erm just the strain from the springs and the 16"s have caused the front 2 to start leaking and the back are starting to make a funny noise all the time and the ride quality is reall poor now. I was looking for some KYB's hopefully i can pick up the whole set for close to £100

A

aztec micra

RE: RE: New shock absorbers - uprated

wy don't u buy intrax lowering you can go verry low and it drives great i have got them to

K

kneival

KYB shocks can be bought from southern exhausts.

Google for their website and give them a ring!

OP
OP
B

Ben

i found a website that does all four for £140 incl p+P but Wayne said they can be bought cheaper somewhere so im waiting for the link lol

SplanK

Site Supporter
i got KYB AGX shocks on my primera - mated with H&R 35mm drop springs...

get the ones which u can adjust the damping rate (AGX range) as this will give u more control over the stiffness of the shocks... think they cost me £240 for all 4 shocks + £120 for the springs

OP
OP
B

Ben

nah aint heard anything bout them yet. this is the link where all 4 for £150

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/shock-absorbers-nissan.php

K

kneival

Same ones and a lot less than I paid :-D Altho i was desperate and just went to the first place and bought them.

In total mine cost £186.54 after VAT :-/

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
The KYB's arnt adjustable are they?

I'm just going to put an order in for some, as I've just ordered some Spax springs and adjustable panhard rod :)

K

kneival

No they are not adjustable, I couldnt find any adjustable ones for the micra :-( Altho they might exist.
They are however nice shocks, called excel-g I think.

They say they are slightly better than standard shocks, I think they are much better :-]

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Right - you can get Whiteline Koni adjustables for the micra via Demon Tweeks - however these are £65 a corner........which I'm not willing to pay!

I ordered the KYB gas shocks earlier so that's fine.

Splank - the AGX range are only available for Primera's and 200SX's :( I looked at those beforehand.

B

Beachboy

£65 each is a good price for koni adjusters. they are very good item.
they are premium though.

OP
OP
B

Ben

Retepetsir said:
The KYB's arnt adjustable are they?

I'm just going to put an order in for some, as I've just ordered some Spax springs and adjustable panhard rod :)

thats the ideal setup i would want as the gmax spring i have just dont seem low enough but they were the 35mm ones but i seen bods spax ones n his looked lower than mine, i will see once the skirts etc go on if i will be going lower

SplanK

Site Supporter

Retepetsir said:
Right - you can get Whiteline Koni adjustables for the micra via Demon Tweeks - however these are £65 a corner........which I'm not willing to pay!

Splank - the AGX range are only available for Primera's and 200SX's :( I looked at those beforehand.

aah reet - shame cos they are a nice shcok... no need to take them off the car when u want to adjust them like the Koni's

OP
OP
B

Ben

Retepetsir said:

Pete, could you do me a favour, let me know when they come and if they are ok etc. I will order some when i get paid too n then that hopefully should sort my suspension worries out for now untill i decided to go lower, how much did the panhard come to all together and also the spax springs?

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
With the whiteline discount....I was origionally getting the whiteline panhard rod AND springs, however both are on special order only..

Therefore I ordered the Spax springs and Whiteline panhard rod for £120 including delivery (15% off as it was part of the group buy) :).

However, the springs are arriving asap, but the panhard rod wont be in this country for 2-3 months!

If I had known, I would have ordered the KYB springs AND shocks from that site you posted, as the springs are only around £70 on their :).

However, with the Demon Tweaks discount - it worked out quite cheaply!

OP
OP
B

Ben

Yeah, i emailed them and said i would be placing an order on 31st and asked them if they could get them read for dispatch aSAP as im working to a tight deadline n they said that they couldnt but what they will do is get them sent straight from the suppliers to me so they are here next working day which is a tuesday i think, this way i can get them down to Waynes so he can fit em for me

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Which ones, the KYB's?

I ordered the Spax springs yesterday - and they've just arrived as the man said they would!

Lovely, I'm just waiting on the shocks now, and the panhard rod will have to be fitted at a later time :(.

I'm going to try fitting them myself, I just need to buy some spring compressors :)