New Rims

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
I managed to fit Craig's old wheels to my car yesterday, and got one quick photo today.

Lowering springs plus other things are already on order :upside::

newwheels2.jpg

:)

Craig, I tried replying to your pm but I get a database error o_O

B

Ben

yeah,they go well pete, dont go for Gmax, they aint too good, i had problems with mine, you might wanna try spax, im fond of them. I sounded so old saying fond, mine looked like that when i first put the 16"s on but it will come down from such a high altitude to look nice

OP
OP
Retepetsir

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Well I 'was' originally going with a set of Whiteline springs, however apparently these are the only items in the group buy list that have a 'special order' status - doh. They worked out at £130

However, I'm just going with some Spax instead, which will give me around 35mm of lowering for under £100 :)

I have come accross a problem though.......

Since putting the wheels on, something is making a rubbing sound around the front right wheel. I've checked the discs and they seem ok, the calipers seem ok too.

Could the extra weight of the wheel be showing up a dodgy bearing???

Cheers guys :)

mike

I love Ed!!!!
Wheels look good mate, does the rubbing sound get louder or quieter when you turn the steering wheel. It might be its catching something in the arch, if not then it could possibly be a bearing.

Mike

OP
OP
Retepetsir

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
We (me and my dad) have just been out, turning the wheel, etc. It varies slightly when you steer from left to right, but it still rubs.

Nothing catches, so we reckon its a bearing. I'm going to get it up on the ramps over the weekend and investigate!

Thanks for the comments :)

K

kneival

you have probably tried this but...
with the car off the ground turn the wheel, do you get any resistance?
For some reason on mine the brake discs does not settle correctly and hits the caliper on a tiny tiny bit :-o

OP
OP
Retepetsir

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
I've just had it up on the trolley jack.......

I couldnt see anything wrong with it though, so bunged the wheels on and took it out for a quick spin.

It seems fine now?!!!

Confusing!

Attachments

• skyline.jpg
    skyline.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 358