Ex. Club Member
Recently acquired this shell to build to a stage 1300cc Rally Car

21.jpg

3.jpg

41.jpg

micra2.jpg

micra3.jpg

Will keep posting more pictures throughout the build

Gosh that car looks like it's been professionally built? I suppose I had better send off the V5. Not going to change your mind now are you!!
I cann't wait to see the next stage

No change of mind lol i will post pictures after some more work and by end of september it will be transformed so keep an eye on this thread

Here is a few more pictures witha little more work done but dont know yet on whether to keep the heater in or not

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

Here is a few more pictures witha little more work done but dont know yet on whether to keep the heater in or not

you only need the screen demisting part eh, i would run a copper pipe along the base of the screen personally

Is that an OMP cage ? If so if you are going staging, then you may need to fit a new one, as the front legs on the OMP cage have been deemed by the MSA to be illegal.......

Looks good though.......

No this cage is a Janspeed Homologated Cage which has been crash or crush tested etc and has an MSA Certificate and already contacted the MSA and this cage is all above board

the rest of the cage looks like the janspeed one except for the front legs i will check mine tomorrow and see if it is the same.
what is wrong with the other cages then?

I have contacted the MSA this morning again as this is really playing with my mind and yet again I was told if this cage has an MSA Certificate with it and all drawings which it has and a Number then this is legal if anyone wants to check please ring 01753 765037 and speak to Michael Duncan as he told me that there is a lot of confusion as regards to the cage situation

Very nice build mayes, shell looks mint!

what is wrong with the other cages then?
The problem is with omp cages, where the front legs come down it has a 2nd bend/ kink, which apparently is not allowed there should only be 1. even though many cars have been issued logbooks with these cages fitted over the years. Alot of cars are affected, mine included :glare:

Just some pictures of some fuel tank straps made today these will now be primed and painted and will be ready to fit fuel tank

strap1.jpg

strap.jpg

More progress today made a dummy centre console to be made into Carbon Fibre and also painted the Tank Straps so fuel tank now ready to be fitted

centreconsole.jpg

strapspainted.jpg

Sorry for no recent updates but more pictures will be added in the next week so stay tuned as they say well worth the wait believe me

Yup, great shame that. If it was still as it was when Matt built it, it would be in my garage but I have no desire for a wide arch K11....

Back