new powerful nissans

N

nizzanz1

two cars being shown in public shortly, they are termed concepts but are likely to be put into production soon. they are the 3.5 v6 murano with a turbo bolted on to give 350bhp. and a 350Z with a supercharger to give 380bhp. nice.
this means the micra R needs an upgrade i reckon.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
i reckon an SR20DE engined K12 should be on the cards......... egherm did i say DE?.....i meant DET lol

OP
OP
N

nizzanz1

nissan dont use the sr20de /t anymore though. its an old engine.
they could have a 180SR using the 1.8 as used in the tiida.
or even better if it could fit in the engine bay, doubtful though the 2.0 MR engine.

Just back from the Sunderland plant (awesome place to spend a week)...

Where did you hear the rumours as that is all they are, what your talking about is totally against the Nissan ethos. Turbo conversions are available for the 3.5 but not through Nissan themselves.

OP
OP
N

nizzanz1

the cars 350Z GT-S and Murano GT-C have already been made, both will be shown at the goodwood festival of speed. the Murano GT-C will also be shown at the london motorshow. the 350Z GT-S will be driven up the goodwood hill climb circuit.

OP
OP
N

nizzanz1

maybe. they have already been made. but in terms of production to public thats the unkown. rumours have said its likely. particularly for the 350z GT-s which could be released in limited numbers. there was also a rumour that a 450Z could be made to make it even more of an animal. using the existing 4.5 nissan engine.

Ian

Ex. Club Member
bout time. Nissan are tame today, what happened to turbo era of the 80's ? :D. I think practially every model had a turbo version xD

OP
OP
N

nizzanz1

the 450Z may only be for a usa market, as its them who keep pestering for big engined cars. they were swaying nissan to make the GTR a big v8, but nissan understood they would get a backlash from their own japanese enthusiasts who would prefer a v6.

OP
OP
N

nizzanz1

i'm so glad unlike other european brands they dont appear to be interested in making a hish power diesel so we hopefully wont get a 350ZD oil burner.

I am of the understanding that Nissan actually WANT to release the 450Z or a forced induction version of the current Z.

Its meant to be a mid-range car between the 350Z and the GT-R. Apparently.

There's quite a few home-made 450Z's running around japan. I've seen plenty of pictures of these beasts. Word says that they go like stink and leave standard turbo skylines for dead. :p

Antony

Ex. Club Member
hahaha, is japland like lapland for strange cars?....

even if you did put a bigger engine in the 350Z....... its still a bloody renault..

im sorry but i prefer the pre-french revolutionistic snail eating turnip faming git period to nissan.....:slm: :slm:

after all.... french? :laugh: :laugh: after my 309's... never again.

alas, the nissna R32, R33 and R34 skylines are like the proverbial 4 leaved clover....... they exist, but just try finding one thats not been trampled on..

mmm..... i reckon they should go all balls out and just do a 560 ZTR:wow:

<<< just noticed im on 199 posts.... hahaha

antony_aiken said:
even if you did put a bigger engine in the 350Z....... its still a bloody renault..

Not entirely correct (yes Jeremy Clarkson is wrong). The VQ motor has been around since 1994/1995ish and the Z33 is 100% nissan-dna. Its not a renault.

About the only thing that might have french inspiration in the Z33 is the engine's tune (emissions) and safetey. Nissan have never been very good with these 2 things. lol

Hugh

Most Nissan will be quite tame due to Renault's influence. Japan may get slightly better options that we don't due to Renault. But on the hole even Nissan Japan is getting tame. As the seem to be tailoring to non performance markets.

Hugh said:
Most Nissan will be quite tame due to Renault's influence. Japan may get slightly better options that we don't due to Renault. But on the hole even Nissan Japan is getting tame. As the seem to be tailoring to non performance markets.

Toyota have been doing the same.

There's more money to be made by making reliable and no-nonsense cars for people who just want to get from a to b. Nissan is doing this in a slightly different way to toyota though - they're adding a bit of style.

OP
OP
N

nizzanz1

nissan are just behind the times a bit ever since they went low on cash.i think they will copy eventually the other manufacturers in bringing out lots of performance models. they have quite a few of them made as concepts and are developing performance models at the moment. at least they have the 350z as a current model. from 2007 things get very interesting.

Nissan Way basically is to only produce something that will recoupe their money qiuckly, not taking any risks so no more fun cars unfortunately for a long while yet. Renault have not influenced this decision but its part of Gohns strategy to move Nissan forward after their revival plan and Nissan 180.

Infiniti will move to Europe which they werent to clear on but sounds similar to Toyota/Lex which will deliver some superb new models but under a completely different business plan and market.

OP
OP
N

nizzanz1

you dont count the GTR as a fun car then? i think i would have fun in it. the almera replacement platform will have a sports coupe type model aswell. late 2007 maybe similar time as GTR.

Every brand needs a 'Halo' Car, nissans atm is the Z and Murano, when Infiniti come over they will also need a Halo car which is where the GTR would fit quite nicely...

When infiniti comes you will find the V35 Skyline under a new name, possibly Infiniti G35 (like they are in the USA) and a few other luxorbarge models like the Q45, luxury version of the Murano & Pathfiner, etc.

The GTR will live under a Nissan badge. I don't believe they have any plans on exporting the Fuga either (such a shame... beautiful car!)

Antony

Ex. Club Member
oooh, i have just been informed that the gentlemans agreement in japan... 276BHP.....is now defunkt.... so more powerful cars can be produced.... (although the toyota supra was actualy 340bhp and the skyline r34 gtr was more like 400...lol)

:laugh: :laugh: 600bhp factory skyline..... 400bhp evolution (from japan rather than the uk) subaru impreza with 350bhp+...

mmmm