New Pao with shifter issue

Hi all, we just got our first Pao in Texas and while we love how quirky it is and the looks it gets, there is an issue with the automatic gear selector. It never gives you the correct/indicated gear without having to go past the gear. This isn't too bad when setting off because you can just slide it into neutral since it won't start in park, but when you park somewhere, you can't get the keys out of the ignition. And sometimes you don't realize you are in 2 instead of drive until the valves are bouncing on the hood around 70/80 kph. I haven't had a chance to crawl under the car yet but I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this issue and how they have mitigated/resolved it.

Thanks in advance.

And I have an answer...The end of the shift cable has a nylon bushing where it attaches to the shift handle underneath the car. The OE parts list calls it an "insulator". When the bushing wears out the cable has quite a bit of play where it connects to the handle. My bushing is completely gone. The part number is 34552-89900 and they are on Ebay USA for $5-6.

Back