NEW OWNER :-) - Parts required...

Hi folks

I just bought this nice little car and imported it to Canada. :) I own some old bikes so I'm kinda for the challenge old JDM car may represents...

I need to fix it in order to pass inspection and register it it.
Inspection was a FAIL yesterday and I realized I'm going to need some good source of intel... This forum look like the right place!

So here are my questions, hopefully some knowledgeable folks can provide answers:

Leaking Steering rack :
Apparently, it can be repaired. Is it right?
What is OEM part number?

Leaking power steering pump:
Part number?

Ext Left Tie rod:
Is it the same part as the 1.2L 1990 Micra? (I found some on-line)

Side repeaters:

In Canada, side light repeaters are mandatory... and needs to be close to corner of the car. Amber for front, red for rear end of the car. Anybody had to install this on their car?? I hate to drill holes in the panels to install these lights but look like I wont have the choice...

Thx in advance!
Pierre

It looks like Amayama in Japan has the p/s pump, but it's extremely expensive. They have a listing for an o-ring, so maybe you can just replace your o-ring. Mcmaster is a good source for high quality o-rings. I ordered o-rings from them to fix a leaky windshield washer container on my Pao.

Hi Pierre, I've had a few of Pao's over last few years and I've just imported another one into Ireland, Ivory without sunroof exactly what I wanted. On inspection steering rack is leaking (I've ordered a seal kit) this is a relatively easy fix, follow steering rack to floor, lift carpet where you will see a metal plate with 4 screws, undo 4 screws and lift plate which will expose steering box, undo top and bottom bolts on steering column (mark rack/box before prying column off top of box, so alignment ok) slide column up, theres a large circlip on top of box, undo circlip and unit should pull out exposing seals (hope this helps)
Parts? - I use buyee.jp (sort of Jap Ebay) and import into N.Ireland, this is an excellent source for 2nd hand and new parts, obviously door/screen rubbers getting expensive, but loads on there, do remember when searching buyee.jp use english translate version and when searching search under PK-10 and also Pao, as I say its an excellent site but site navigation is different to uk but once you master how to search you will find everything you need. Lots of bits are interchangeable with MK1 Micra K10.

Hope this helps

Regards

Adrian

I figured I'd add my two cents to this post. I just bought one and found numerous parts that are worn and I intend on replacing. I found Amayama carries almost everything (although pricey). I do try and cross reference to the K10 Micra and get things from Canada as I'm in the states. Anyways this is a breakdown of most everything on our cars with the part numbers https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/nissan/pao-2102/pk10-6114/pk10-620332 If you open it in Google Chrome, you can translate the page to English. These are all the factory Nissan part numbers that you can copy and paste into Google.

Also have a look at BUYEE.JP (Jap auction site) loads of bits on there most of which are used parts, I've bought a few parts on there and imported into Ireland, so far no problems. Navigation on buyee.jp site is different to how I normally search, just a pointer when your searching search under PK-10, PK10 and Pao, once you learn how to use the site you will find most bits, exporting from Japan is always expensive, hope this helps you, Adrian.

Also have a look at BUYEE.JP (Jap auction site) loads of bits on there most of which are used parts, I've bought a few parts on there and imported into Ireland, so far no problems. Navigation on buyee.jp site is different to how I normally search, just a pointer when your searching search under PK-10, PK10 and Pao, once you learn how to use the site you will find most bits, exporting from Japan is always expensive, hope this helps you, Adrian.
Thanks! I just created an account now. I'll take a look on there.

D

Deleted member

Hi Pierre, I've had a few of Pao's over last few years and I've just imported another one into Ireland, Ivory without sunroof exactly what I wanted. On inspection steering rack is leaking (I've ordered a seal kit) this is a relatively easy fix, follow steering rack to floor, lift carpet where you will see a metal plate with 4 screws, undo 4 screws and lift plate which will expose steering box, undo top and bottom bolts on steering column (mark rack/box before prying column off top of box, so alignment ok) slide column up, theres a large circlip on top of box, undo circlip and unit should pull out exposing seals (hope this helps)
Parts? - I use buyee.jp (sort of Jap Ebay) and import into N.Ireland, this is an excellent source for 2nd hand and new parts, obviously door/screen rubbers getting expensive, but loads on there, do remember when searching buyee.jp use english translate version and when searching search under PK-10 and also Pao, as I say its an excellent site but site navigation is different to uk but once you master how to search you will find everything you need. Lots of bits are interchangeable with MK1 Micra K10.

Hope this helps

Regards

Adrian
hi im from south ireland just wonderion would u know of ny pao for breaking im after a few parts if u could help me that be great

Hi, sorry im not aware of any Pao's being broken here in UK, check out Amayama loads of new stuff still avail, see also buyee.jp (Japan Auction site (Ebay type) also search under PK-10, loads of bits on there you just gotta find it, their site navigation is different to ours but there's usually a couple of thousand ads so well worth a visit. importing into the north from Japan is expensive not sure about the south

D

Deleted member

Hi, sorry im not aware of any Pao's being broken here in UK, check out Amayama loads of new stuff still avail, see also buyee.jp (Japan Auction site (Ebay type) also search under PK-10, loads of bits on there you just gotta find it, their site navigation is different to ours but there's usually a couple of thousand ads so well worth a visit. importing into the north from Japan is expensive not sure about the south
Sound cheers
Was hoping for something on the isle of Ireland tho
I’m aware of buyeee