New micra

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
So I'm starting driving soon, and I was looking at a car the other day. It's a 98 pre facelift red 3 door, but it's high mileage (140000) and it's showing its age. The right sill is gone at the rear, the boot latch is messed up, the throttle is very unresponsive and the gear lever doesn't return to the centre in neutral. I think this last problem is a spring at the bottom of the gear lever end, I'm hoping that's all it is. Just wondering if ye have any advice on whether or should buy it or wait for something else.
Thanks

Wait and get something else, the engines are bulletproof so mileage isn't a problem but the throttle issue could be a problem since throttle bodies are expensive on these cars... Also rust is expensive to fix and it might not get through an MOT with it's problems. Save your money and get a facelift, I have a 1998 one and with 71,000 miles there isn't a problem to report.

OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Yeah I decided already I wasn't going for it, thanks anyway. It just isn't worth it for the problems it has and the ones it will get