New member saying hello

Hi, I have just purchased my third Micra and thought it was about time I joined the Forum.
The car I have just bought in my mind is a bit special , I'm sure as with all forums I will be told if more well informed members think it is not. which is what forums are for ?

My "new" Micra is a 2000 K11 (?) 998 3 door Celebration and the thing that makes it special for me is the fact that it belonged to the proverbial older lady (it's true this time, her name was Mary!!) who may or may not used it just to go to Church on Sundays who garaged it when not being driven
It has only covered 18000 miles from new and has had 15 services which have been stamped in the book so it has been serviced at just over 1000 mile intervals, I think the lady was ripped off at the garage unless it was at her insistence?
It still smells, looks and feels like a new car and I'm very pleased with the new addition to my family of Japanese cars.
I have a couple of general questions I would like to ask and would be grateful if I could be pointed to the correct section to post.

I will be keeping the car completely original and stock and look towards bringing it up to as new showroom condition and possibly showing it.

I live in Norwich.
Thanks for letting me join the Forum.
Gypsypick.

PS I usually choose Django as a forum name but it was taken a few years back by someone who has not posted!

Hi, I have just purchased my third Micra and thought it was about time I joined the Forum.
The car I have just bought in my mind is a bit special , I'm sure as with all forums I will be told if more well informed members think it is not. which is what forums are for ?

My "new" Micra is a 2000 K11 (?) 998 3 door Celebration and the thing that makes it special for me is the fact that it belonged to the proverbial older lady (it's true this time, her name was Mary!!) who may or may not used it just to go to Church on Sundays who garaged it when not being driven
It has only covered 18000 miles from new and has had 15 services which have been stamped in the book so it has been serviced at just over 1000 mile intervals, I think the lady was ripped off at the garage unless it was at her insistence?
It still smells, looks and feels like a new car and I'm very pleased with the new addition to my family of Japanese cars.
I have a couple of general questions I would like to ask and would be grateful if I could be pointed to the correct section to post.

I will be keeping the car completely original and stock and look towards bringing it up to as new showroom condition and possibly showing it.

I live in Norwich.
Thanks for letting me join the Forum.
Gypsypick.

PS I usually choose Django as a forum name but it was taken a few years back by someone who has not posted!
Welcome to the forum (nut house)

Mechanical questions here: https://www.micra.org.uk/forums/k11-tuning-mechanical-servicing-and-modifications.23/
Bodywork here: https://www.micra.org.uk/forums/k11-body-trims-fittings-and-aesthetics-etc.24/
And DIY guides here: https://www.micra.org.uk/forums/k11-diy-guides.27/

Sounds like you've got a real minter, I'd love to see some photos. :)

Thanks for the reply Max, I just cleaned the crud from inside the wing lips and found two small surface rust spots from stone chips that were not repaired so that's the first job.
A question I have is that the engine bay was probably never cleaned from new so I set about it with engine cleaner on the cam cover etc and found that the whole engine, pipework air intake fuse cover seemed to have been sprayed with wax oil(?) Was this a factory finish for protection?....two hours scrubbing and its all gone now though!!!

Oh dear, always some rust. Hope it's not a big job.
Can't comment on the wax stuff, never seen a showroom K11.

As above, get some pictures up!!

Back