new keys

dont know if this is in the right place or not, but can anyone tell me where you can get a new key cut from? im guessing you cant go to your local lock smiths and get them to do one.

the problem i have is i have two keys, one is the original and is starting to bend :(

the other looks like its been cut somewhere but is chipped and is a beech to get into the locks.

Some locksmiths (and hardware stores) will do them, but may have to order the blanks. It's always worth asking :)

BG

all our local coblers / locksmiths / peopole who cut keys have nissan blanks, most nissans are the same blank. round here you can get 2 done for a fiver

you can get it done on any key as long as its big enough. my old micra had a spare key just like a normal house key lol

you can get nissan keys on ebay for dirt cheap an just get them cut at a key cutters. if it has a imobiliser chip in your old key just take it out and put it in your new one, haha thats what i did with my brothers astra. saved him getting the new one programming

you can get nissan keys on ebay for dirt cheap an just get them cut at a key cutters. if it has a imobiliser chip in your old key just take it out and put it in your new one, haha thats what i did with my brothers astra. saved him getting the new one programming

Most key cutters here wont stock them coz they cant code them. If you can get them from fleabay, and your original nissan key has a red bit beside the blade you can pull these out and refit them in the new one

dont know if this is in the right place or not, but can anyone tell me where you can get a new key cut from? im guessing you cant go to your local lock smiths and get them to do one.

the problem i have is i have two keys, one is the original and is starting to bend :(

the other looks like its been cut somewhere but is chipped and is a beech to get into the locks.

I take it your car does not have NATS so the local keycutter in the market should be able to supply a standard blank. Also invest in an aerosol of lock grease and lubricate the locks!!!!!!!

My 1998 micra came with only one key-and it has the NATS system. To avoid the huge cost of programming a spare I instead carefully taped the transponder key to the ignition cowling (took a bit of doing to get it in the right place) and then had 2 keys cut from a guy off the market for a fiver.
This works just fine for me. Hope this might be of help.

Back