• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

New K10 Jamieccc

jamieccc

Ex. Club Member
Thought i would make a new thread as my old one has my previous 2 cars at the start and i thought it looked a bit messy:

So here we go! I bought Littlewoods Silver k10 off him for £250, knowing that it might need a new selector arm or gearbox!

Some of my plans are;

• Drop it as far as i can (coilovers maybe)
  • New satin Black paint job Because i loved my matt black one i bought off quickdraw in 2008
  • Cover dash in camo fabric (easier said then done)
  • Standard original bumpers
  • New gearbox, wanted a 4 speed for the retroness
  • maybe 1.2 on carbs but not essential because i need a cheap run about for now

Those are the bigger mods i want to do for the moment

Some pictures off Littlewoods thread for those of you who dont no what it looks like

micrau.jpg

pillarb.jpg
closef.jpg

loweredx.jpg

23022010061.jpg

First thing i did was take all the stickers off the inside of the doors and the pillars!

DSC01590-1.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC01590-1.jpg

DSC01589-1.jpg

DSC01591.jpg

DSC01592.jpg

Needless to say it took a few hours to get these off because there was so many of them on both sides of the car lol

Next thing that was on the list was having a scrub at the carpet! so i decided i would take it out and jet wash it!

Pic with the carpet out, you can also see the scabby looking door cards aswell which i later decided to make some new ones!

DSC01581.jpg

Carpet on washing line

DSC01580.jpg

20 odd years of grim and dirt that come out of the carpet was like a black river running down my garden

Door cards that i made out of a thin sheet of wood and covered in leather! did ike them to start with but now want to recover them in blue camo

DSC01587-1.jpg

DSC01588-1.jpg

DSC01593-1.jpg

Because i made the cards out of a fresh piece of wood and didnt recover the original (mainly because they were wrecked) i decided to screw the cards onto the door! which also stopped a fair bit of rattling aswell to be honest!

Found this disaster on my way back home! wasnt sure at first what it was but with closer detail it turned out to be the rearview mirror :laugh:

DSC01579-1.jpg

DSC01611.jpg

much better now it black rather than pink/markerpen blue lol

Door card looks neat! (Y)
please don't scrap the bumpers they are quite rare and worth loads! £££
think they look awesome!
Keep up the good work!

Decided i would drop the rear a little bit more (roughly 20mm extra) some not very good pictures to show it! doesnt look any lower though lol

DSC01605.jpg

DSC01598.jpg

Door card looks neat! (Y)
please don't scrap the bumpers they are quite rare and worth loads! £££
think they look awesome!
Keep up the good work!

cheers mate
yea i wasnt planning on scraping the bumpers, bin around micras long enough now to no they might be worth some dosh lol

Love the Carpet on the line!

I saw the stickers and thought 'oh eye, the JDM style has it's grip...and then they were gone! :laugh:

Bargain run around!

Love the Carpet on the line!

I saw the stickers and thought 'oh eye, the JDM style has it's grip...and then they were gone! :laugh:

Bargain run around!

yea i think littlewood was going for a bit of a rat look inside the car but wasnt really to my taste (and my girlfriends to that matter lol)

yea cant argue with that, £320 (with the new gearbox and odds and ends) and i have a mot and taxed car

Sweet looking ride, not a bad idea on removing the car rug, door card look good, was it simple to do?

yea pritty simple to do! all i did was traced round the old door cards and then jig sawed it, then spray glued leather on! the doors were easy to dril into aswell because they are only thin

That looks quite smart with the bumpers tbh. Leave them on (Y)

na my last couple ive had have had the foah kit on them! just want something that doesnt look boyracer ish on the outside! quite like the look of standard bumpers is i like the retro look

What gearbox has it got? If it's five speed I'll happily swap you my 4 speed
Lol I'll swap bumpers too stock k10 super bumpers

What gearbox has it got? If it's five speed I'll happily swap you my 4 speed
Lol I'll swap bumpers too stock k10 super bumpers

ive done the gearbox now! i swapped the nakered 5 speed for a 4 speed one! just havent put any pics up here so didnt mention it

Haha, fair one! Glad it got back ok, I got the tax reminder then a day later I got the DVLA change of ownership confirmation!

So after my girlfriend kept having a moan at me (as women usually do) i decided to investigate why the heaters woudnt work in the old girl (the car not the girlfriend lol)

After a bit of consideration and being able to find a cheap blower motor, i decided i was going to replace that!

Turned out it wasnt the blower motor (but now ive got a spare if anybody ever needs one) and it was only the fact that the wiring from the control panel to the motor was up behind the dash for some reason lol

but still atleast i have now got heaters and can see out of the windscreen

Attachments

• blower motor.jpg
    blower motor.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 632
Long time since i updated this! car is now sorn and a 1.3 k11 conversion is starting to take place will get some pics up

After removing one of the wings, front bumper, engine
IMAG0197.jpg
IMAG0193.jpg

Also the heater pipe that i broke because i was taking the engine out by myself and wasnt looking lol

IMAG0195.jpg
IMAG0196.jpg

Bought a k11 for £300 from oxford, some of you might have saw it on pistonheads already, me and curtis went down to look at it and was amazed how tidy it was for that price!

2824788-1.jpg

2824788-2.jpg

2824788-3.jpg

78k on the clock, did have short mot and tax but that doesnt matter because it will be off the road in a matter of days, engine is sweet as a nut, will be breaking it for parts after ive finished with it aswell

update the cg 1.3 engine is now back into the k10! the engine is on 2 mounts and still being suported by the engine crane! will get pics up of the mounts for anybody that wants to see!

As some people have already discovered the drivers side mount will need to be welded and gear box mount looks to high, but might get away with drilling a new mounting hole on the mount and welding up the old one! also most certainly custom driver shafts, (might have a go at welding and sleeving myself)

nice work mate (Y) i had a fit when i seen my loom all separated thats why im going carbs. is there a difference in the k11 looms? mine came out of a R reg and it was just a mountain of wires if the earlier k11's had a simple loom i may reconsider injection.

That's not to bad I removed my entire sx loom to try and figure how to wire the Mazda loom in! That was a nightmare

Nice work

Back