Has to be the most awkward engine to work on

Here's a short vid before the new one's were fitted

New injectors from a ca18det
Injectorreplacement001.jpg

Started stripping it. . . a few knuckles will be lost here
Injectorreplacement002.jpg

Had to jack the car up the release the clamps on this on the supercharger
Injectorreplacement003.jpg

Most of the stripping done,fuel lines and brake master vacuum pipe and the pipe for the factory boost gauge left
Injectorreplacement004.jpg

View of the supercharger underneath the inlet manifold
Injectorreplacement005.jpg

Loving it. Awesome work man!!

Just outa interest, have you upgraded your internals or still using the orginals?? Just wanted to get an idea of wether I should get a rebuild with stronger internals before I go looking at upgrading turbo, injectors and ecu.

Loving it. Awesome work man!!

Just outa interest, have you upgraded your internals or still using the orginals?? Just wanted to get an idea of wether I should get a rebuild with stronger internals before I go looking at upgrading turbo, injectors and ecu.

Thanks, no stock internals !!!! and its done 20k kms at 1.2bar alot of the time,absolutely no problems!

Excellent. I figured the originals would be up to scratch so long as i don't go adding nos or anything too extravagant.

Personally anything above 150bhp and your living on borrowed time on the stock headgasket.

Personally anything above 150bhp and your living on borrowed time on the stock headgasket.

I'm aiming for around 140ish hopefully,do you think its possible Ed??

I fitted the new injectors to the inlet manifold today and when I removed the old ones,one of them it was cracked. . . .

Attachments

• Injector replacement 006.jpg
    Injector replacement 006.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 394
  • Injector replacement 007.jpg
    Injector replacement 007.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 477
  • Injector replacement 008.jpg
    Injector replacement 008.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 397
  • Injector replacement 009.jpg
    Injector replacement 009.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 392
I use a greddy emanage unit I think I shouldn be ok!

No, e-manage blue can correct only injector cc , but not resistance! The resistore from GReddy`s complete you can use only with sub injectors, not main!
Of course system will work, but I think, incorrectly ....

For u it`s better to use injectors from RB25DET
injector1.jpg

Back