New Head Unit

I am hoping to buy a new head unit for my car (06/k12). but i cant find a spacer/fasica/filler thing to fill the gap that will be left after i take the old double DIN unit out and put the new one in. anybody know where i can find something that will do the job???

Ok i'm not a k12 owner but io this thred:

http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=449

theres a pic... this one:

124725691041bc0aa1a4a4fda155cf03a86cb88c84fb5722bab6d6a7.jpg

With the new head unit and the top bit which you should keep...

Hope this helps,

Shr3k

nope hes got a new k12 that has a double din headunit in it

only thing you can do at the moment is swap the centre part over to the old style one posted above but one without the computer as you can get ones with a storage box on top

no offense but the stnadard headunit is great compared to over aftermarket ones, personally i'd stay with the standard one

i would keep the standard one but ive got a sub and an amp and the guy said that it probably wont work on the old head unit. i thot by the way the guy was speaking the DIN storage box are all differant sizes.

DIN is DIN, standard size, double DIN is 2xDIN I know this because I have replaced a head unit with a storage box when my m8 got a carputer.
The amp will work off the standard head unit you will just need some speaker to RCA adapters.

I've always got adapters from Autoleads. They are pretty good and, if you go to www.autoleads.co.uk you can find all the product numbers for the parts they have. Then simply go to your local supplier (Halfords) and ask them to order them in. You can buy direct from Autoleads but its not always that easy. Also if your gonna put a decent sound system into your car you should think about using higher quality wire then that provided by Nissa. I tried to use the Nissan earth and live leads to power my sony head unit and due to the age of my car they failed on me. Simply run new live and negative leads from the engine and earth if to the frame.

Back