New Head Unit Time!!

Hugh

Well I've finally managed to kill my Pioneer DEHP77MP HU.
It's been modded and repaired several times but now it's well and truelly busted. Manged to deform part of the face plate that locks into the main unit, so now it won't stay in place, it just falls down.

So I'm looking into a new one. Budget is around £250 I think, possible replacements are as follows:

Alpine CDA-9812RB
cda-9812rb_l.jpg

Blaupunkt Los Angeles MP74
losangelesmp74.jpg

JVC KD-LHX552
b_kdlhx552.jpg

Pioneer DEH-P80MP
b_dehp80mp.jpg

Am being swayed more towards the Alpine and the JVC. Any comments welcome.

mike

I love Ed!!!!
Has to be the Alpine Hugh for me.

Blaupunkt Los Angeles MP74 is a bit to fiddly and i dont really like the look of the JVC one.

Titch

Micra K11ng
I like the look of the last unit mate. My mate has on like in in her Jetta and i think it's well cool. Lots of feautres etc...

So its the Pioneer one for me.
:kungfu:

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Out of those I'd go with the Alpine - but be warned that they can make the treble sound very harsh indeed....

I've just got a new headunit myself, a P9600MP :)

Awesome unit - build in active crossover, time allignment, etc!

Attachments

• frontblur.jpg
    frontblur.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 251

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
It is indeed Pete :)

Hugh, go for either the Pioneer or the Alpine and if you can push up the budget go for this one

The pioneer model you have shown interest in is also a cracking unit, I fitted one of these in a customer's car prior to us calling a day on the ICE supply and it was a superb HU, good options, easy use and good overal display.

Avoid the JVC and the Blaupunkt, you'll get much better quality of sound, build and design from other units.

Kev

Zephyr

Ex. Club Member
heh the 9600mp is 400quid on that site kev his budget was 250 abit off :p but imo i think the alpine, i think it was that one i was just listening to in a mates car just today was mental listening to 2x15" audiobahn subs pushing out more than 2000rms! lol my baby 2x12" running @800rms seemed like nothing :p

OP
OP
Hugh

Hugh

Thanks for the input guys.

Ben, I was merely asking for peoples input not advice lol :p Besides I can't know everything and haven't had much chance to check out the latest Hu's.

Kev am tempted to push the budget a little but not sure if I can stretch that far, is the guy you were in business with, still doing ICE, ie can I get stuff through him as I know you've got the HYDE-FI number listed in your sig.

Am not sure on Pioneer with regards to build quality, as experience with my current unit. I've no problems with JVC as I've seen and heard some nice units. My lass has a nice MP3 unit which sounds rather nice for it's price range. So it may be a toss up between Alpine, Pioneer and JVC. Whatever happens the HU needs to be able to work well with my Infinity perfect comps, and my amp and sub choices. Looking at possibly going for a Genesis Stereo 100 or Dual mono for up front. Not sure on the sub(s) and amp setup yet.
All depends on what car it will be going into as the Micra's fate is still uncertain.

Anyway I think this is a great post as it seems to of got a lot of people talking and exchanging ideas and opinons which is what the club is all about :)

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
sure Hugh,

give him a ring, quote myself and give him model numbers for what you require and I will hassle him to give you a price lol :)

Kev

S

snanes

hookin an alpine HU to the battery

HU: Alpine CDM-9807RB

much the same as the one in the picture at the top of the post but its not as new a model. just bought it the the other day and when i hooked it all up it didn't power up at all.:down:

ive heard that due to the power of the unit you need to connect it direct up to the battery. is this true? if so can anyone give me some pointers on what i'll need to do it, and how its done:upside:

Thanks, n sorry for buttin in on your thread