New head unit fitted in my K12

Wanted to see if there was a connector behind the dash on my 2009 pov spec K12 for the pre facelift trip/fuel economy computer thing so decided to take the dash to bits to have a look. No connector, so decided to change the head unit for a 1.5 din head unit with DVD/tv/cd/Bluetooth one I'd got off eBay a few years ago and not really used.

Seems to be an ok fit, have put the mic for the Bluetooth phone function at the top of the a-pillar, earthed the handbrake wire so the screen/DVD can be on whenever, and am quite pleasantly surprised. :p It's by no means fantastic, but is a bit of a change and has a few toys to keep me amused for a while. Got a baby due in a couple of weeks, so may see about putting another screen in the back at some point, think I've got one lying around somewhere.

The car got a clean as well, so will get a couple of pictures up.

Cool, another K12 - welcome. There've been a few K12 owners joining recently. Maybe we're beginning to catch up (Y).

Cheers. Had it since November '09, told myself I wasn't going to do anything to it, but these things just kind of... Happen!

Might post up a blog to show the little things that get done to it, but I don't foresee too much more getting fettled.

Quite liking the idea of getting the ICE improved a bit, thinking rear speakers, amp, rear screen and reversing camera, but we'll see.

Don't forget to sign the guestbook HERE and maybe send me a pic for the gallery :).

Will get a pic of the head unit 'cos the insides nice and clean, however the outside is just about standard and hasn't been washed in about a year! :down:

Any chance you have a radio code generator? Need to get a code for my mam, as per another thread I started, but haven't had any luck and haven't been able to get one to work due to using an iPad.

Back