New head unit fitted in my K12

Wanted to see if there was a connector behind the dash on my 2009 pov spec K12 for the pre facelift trip/fuel economy computer thing so decided to take the dash to bits to have a look. No connector, so decided to change the head unit for a 1.5 din head unit with DVD/tv/cd/Bluetooth one I'd got off eBay a few years ago and not really used.

Seems to be an ok fit, have put the mic for the Bluetooth phone function at the top of the a-pillar, earthed the handbrake wire so the screen/DVD can be on whenever, and am quite pleasantly surprised. :p It's by no means fantastic, but is a bit of a change and has a few toys to keep me amused for a while. Got a baby due in a couple of weeks, so may see about putting another screen in the back at some point, think I've got one lying around somewhere.

The car got a clean as well, so will get a couple of pictures up.

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Cool, another K12 - welcome. There've been a few K12 owners joining recently. Maybe we're beginning to catch up (Y).

Cheers. Had it since November '09, told myself I wasn't going to do anything to it, but these things just kind of... Happen!

Might post up a blog to show the little things that get done to it, but I don't foresee too much more getting fettled.

Quite liking the idea of getting the ICE improved a bit, thinking rear speakers, amp, rear screen and reversing camera, but we'll see.

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Don't forget to sign the guestbook HERE and maybe send me a pic for the gallery :).

Will get a pic of the head unit 'cos the insides nice and clean, however the outside is just about standard and hasn't been washed in about a year! :down:

Any chance you have a radio code generator? Need to get a code for my mam, as per another thread I started, but haven't had any luck and haven't been able to get one to work due to using an iPad.