New guy here... HELLO

hey people of MSC

Im loving the site full of cools members and great info.....

Ive owned a Micra K11 1.0 s for about a year! Cant afford any of the cars i wanted to buy so thought id have a dabble with (upgrading) if you will.... so im here for tips, tricks and advice!!

At the moment the only thing i have done is attached a Mushroom filter and head breather filter... think i need to do a bit of air intake hosing for full benefit...?? I can feel a slight improvement and theres defiantly a difference in the engine noise!!!! There does seem to be a slight bit of lag on acceleration??? Any ideas?

Im gunna spend a bit of cash on this as i think it should be good fun!!! :grinning: So im after help and advice...... All welcome....

Thanks guys

Hi Folks!

M1CRA, why does your car need a mushroom filter? Is Fungus a major problem where you stay? Does the air filter not filter out most of the mushrooms? :laugh:

OP
OP
M
Thanks guys, ive had a read regarding the Throttle Bodie (Air Mass Meter!!!) and found that they are a common problem on K11 and K12's and all the symptoms of these faults seem to be the main issues with my car!!!! Is there a thread on here that shows how to go about cleaning one? As id like to give this a crack before replacing the TB.. Thanks again all for your help :laugh:

With regards to the Mushroom Filter i read there good to clamp onto the K11 and was thinking of adding air scoop on the bonnet (nothing massive) to give total cold clean air.... just to perk it up!! if i go for this ill post some pics!!!