New facelift micra 02 auto CVT not working. Please help?

Hi guys, I haven't been here for a while so hope u guys are good.

My Aunty went to m25 so her car was broken down while she was driving on slow lane. She managed to pull over on hard shoulder. Recovery came to bring her micra to her house.

Anyway I came today to check her micra so it was refusing to start up with sport light flashing. It looks like electric problem to me so it could be coil pack failure. I don't know how to test on these coil pack with using multimedia. Please can anyone tell me?

And the last thing is that I check on this engine oil cap. I was so shocked to see this man.
39807bdd2b1babd6766e779969a9cce7.jpg
3faf724017b8428f5fb82a0d904e505a.jpg
e4d535f661b58ab270aa16c4f646c1db.jpg

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Jk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried again to turn the key on. I can hear it's one click per key on. It sounds like crank

No it's not cranking Frank. I can see the chain from engine oil cap. The key is turn on as well.

I am not sure if this engine is seized solid Frank. How can I know if this engine is seized solid?

It is her daily car so she told me that she haven't touch anything. I think she haven't service her car for a long time. I told her many times before.

I haven't check these spark plugs yet as I left some tools at home. I sent these pictures of engine oil cap. It got solid sludge on the top and also checked on this dipstick which was more light chocolate watery. (Will check it again tonight)

I am going to see her car tonight so I will report it back at around 6.30/7.

Using a socket on the crank to turn so I need someone to start the car while I turn the crank pulley right?

I am trying to where is the crank pulley. Is it inside of the head top or side of drive belts?

I didn't use someone to turn the key on. It was so hard to reach this crank pulley cos no space. I can't take left engine mount then reach it. It's risky cos this road is narrow and her Micra is too close to other cars. Anyway her micra will be gone to her friend garage. :(

@frank Her mechanic just told me that her engine is seized solid! :( They asked for £800 to fix this engine up. I was like :eek:. Anyway what is the best advice to do now? To find another good auto engine? or to get pre facelift micra?

Back