New Exhaust . Which One

Bmx_Bandit

Ex. Club Member
I had a look under the car yesterday and in the next month or so (funds permitting) im going to get a new exhaust.
Is it a cat back system that people usually do for?
I've heard the Janspeed one is popular.
Where and how much for the Janspeed or others?

cheers Simon

Lou

Ex. Club Member
go to janspeeds website, pretty sure its on there! or find them in max power! ive got a janspeed cat back, and bloody happy with it! not too noisy, but performance is better, and the noise when it does make it is lovely! not one of these loud look at me jobbys though lol

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
yeah janspeed is real good not too loud either.

you can it at halfords for £190 i think janspeeds website is cheaper. they also do a manifold and de-cat which are also quite good

janspeed

OP
OP
Bmx_Bandit

Bmx_Bandit

Ex. Club Member
Just checked the Janspeed website. If i just went for the cat back system, would having it on mean i have to change anything for the mot, or is that a problem only if you get the cat bypass also.

I take it the system isnt stainless steel also?? What do they mean by aluminised steel??

Sorry for the load of questions.
:upside:

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
As far as I can remember, Janspeed isn't stainless unles you specifically as kfor it, cat back means you will not have to change it over for the MOT, OMP also do a grouip N exhaust which is supposed to be pretty good, but yuo may have to change over at mot time :)

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
like craig said no need to change a cat back system over at MOT time.

aluminised steel - i think it means that theres a possibillity it may rust after a few years use :devil:, not too sure

graeme

OP
OP
Bmx_Bandit

Bmx_Bandit

Ex. Club Member
Cheers guys.
I think it'll probably be the Janspeed. I'l check and see how much it is if they can do it stainless, but im guessing that'l bump up the cost quite a bit.
How are the gains, if any?:upside:

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
if you make your own thread mate in the buy and sell section u shall get more of a response.

this is normal proceedure, than asking in someone elses post :D

wayne

tommo

Ex. Club Member
powerflow. av. back box cost around 120, cat back about 160 /170, lifetime garaunteed and made to your ideas and specifications. cant go wrong :D

Titch

Micra K11ng
I've got a Powerflow back box, and i love it. Makes a sweet noise with my induction kit. Getting a mid-section done on Monday. Looking forward to it.

Titch

Micra K11ng
Aye - but isn't that the point!? Think they are all Stainless Steel, but not sure.
Since they are custom built, what you ask for is what you get. if you want a noisy one - you can have one, but you can get some where they are louder, but not not to loud, only when you boot it.
Titch :kungfu:

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
There are two grades of stainlessat powerflow (?) apparent;ly you have to ask for the better stuff but it doesn't cost any more.
This may not be true :D

OP
OP
Bmx_Bandit

Bmx_Bandit

Ex. Club Member
I called janspeed and they are going to do the usual aluminised steel cat back system in stainless for me for about £60 extra.
Next month hopefully:love::love:

M

MTB

Hi relgex, simon you are probaly looking at few bhp along with a good filter, regards