New engine

Joel1993

My car is blue... not PURPLE
Hey guys I know I have asked this before but I couldn't find the thread. Anyways. I am wanting to put the 1.4 engine in. Mine is a 1.0l coil pack. Would I need a 1.4 ecu or can I run it off of the 1.0. Guessing I would need to change it but I just wanted to make sure. Cheers guys

I know the 1.0l dizzy ecu can run the 1.3l dizzy engine and people prefer the 1.0l ecu as it has a more aggressive spark

Not sure about coilpacks though

OP
OP
Joel1993

Joel1993

Magpie the coil pack k11 had a 1.0l and a 1.4l engine. It is the face lift version. The engine code is cga3de. :)

Magpie42

Actual Magpie.
Who rounds up from 1348??? Pah!

Is there really much difference in the power output of the 1.3? It seems like a lot of hassle for not much gain (unless the original engine's naffed, of course)....

OP
OP
Joel1993

Joel1993

Is there really much difference in the power output of the 1.3? It seems like a lot of hassle for not much gain (unless the original engine's naffed, of course)....
I rounded it up because nissan call it the 1.4. And compared to my 1.0l it does have more power :)

frank

Club Member
most of the difference is probably from the more modern engine management tho joel :)
you would get more gains from fitting a 1.3 crank and rods to yours really

OP
OP
Joel1993

Joel1993

most of the difference is probably from the more modern engine management tho joel :)
you would get more gains from fitting a 1.3 crank and rods to yours really
Hmmm. Is that so? What hp difference are we looking at?

frank

Club Member
Don't suppose you have a high compression 1.0l for sale frank :L
i have some 1.0 blocks with 1.3 crank and rods built joel, they,ve only been tested in the red car on the drive tho, but i need to run them properly in the white car daily d really

I've run the 1.0l ecu with the 1.4 engine and although it drives ok, it's totally different with the 1.4l ecu in. The 1.0l ecu had a terrible power delivery feel. I'm very pleased I got the 1.4ecu in it now. It's like driving a different car.

OP
OP
Joel1993

Joel1993

i have some 1.0 blocks with 1.3 crank and rods built joel, they,ve only been tested in the red car on the drive tho, but i need to run them properly in the white car daily d really
Also frank how much would the high compression be? :)

Ah indeed I was, should imagine it would be the same though, as far as im aware ( :eek: ) the differences between coilpack is the delivery of the spark rather than the maps ect

Could be wrong though :D

That's just my experience with the 1.0 ecu on the 1.4 engine. It felt like you were tied to a piece of elastic as you accelerated and then at certain revs someone letting it go.

u can use 1.3 cams am guessing ? Lighten flywheel ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk