New engine K12 Micra

chris810

Site Supporter
My daughter has an 03 K12 Petrol micra with terminal engine issues plus 120k on the clock so i opted for a 2nd hand engine from an internet supplier, now the engine is supposed to be low milage ( arnt they all ) and looks the part however having got the old engine and gearbox out of the car and split to mate the new engine to it i have a couple of issues and i can only think that the engine is from an automatic car. The spigot on the rear of the crankshaft is larger than on my car with the result that i cannot fit the flywheel also the internal diameter of the end bush seems to be too small to allow the gearbox input shaft to fit into it. #
So what are the diferences between the automatic and manual version of the CR12 engine and can you fit a manual gearbox onto an engine out of an automatic ?

It seems to me that if the input shaft does not foul the end of the crankshaft then machining a larger hole in the centre of the flywheel would sort it
Any ideas

OP
OP
C

chris810

Site Supporter
some of the auto,s had a spigot on the crank that was removable chris, and is there a roller bearing for the g/box shaft tail ? (k11 ones are unsupported/bearing-less)
Just been out to the garage on closer inspection noticed a joint line arouind the crank end gave it a little tap and the large spigot came away revealing a smaller spigot underneath, which will enable the flywheel to fit Top man Frank !

Also no bearing so its unsupported but at least now it fits

Many thanks now just to put it Back together

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
some of the auto,s had a spigot on the crank that was removable chris, and is there a roller bearing for the g/box shaft tail ? (k11 ones are unsupported/bearing-less)
Your knowlege even of the CR engines is impressive, ever consider a K12 to play with at some point?

OP
OP
C

chris810

Site Supporter
Ok so an update fitted the engine got another alternator after dropping one on the floor and breaking the casing, now got the following codes and it won't rev above 2500
Codes
P0113 intake air temp sensor 1 circuit high
P0107 manifold absolute pressure barometric pressure circuit low input

Is this MAF sensor ? Or two seperate sensors ?

OP
OP
C

chris810

Site Supporter
The original engine rattled like a bag of chisels on start up and kept cutting out also it had 120000 on it the new engine is a much lower milage and doesn't rattle and was cheaper than doing the timing chains, however the only sensors common to both engines are the MAF and the crankshaft position sensor I am beginning to think I have transferred the cutting out problem over to the new engine with the old MAF sensor . I have removed the maf and cleaned it to no effect, so if these codes are maf then logically it is the sensor or the wiring to it.
When the car starts from cold it runs like a dog and removing the maf connector smooths it out so I am tending to look at the sensor

.??

OP
OP
C

chris810

Site Supporter
Just an update
Got a new maf sensor from a scrapper plugged it in and it now runs as sweet as a nut, plus I got to roam an old fashioned scrap yard for a morning so all round a great result
Thanks for all the help on here

Glad to know. My wife's 1.2 auto is a grumpy old thing starting up and also chain rattles when cold. Idles rough but think maybe throttle body. Runs fine when warmed up though but think I may have to change it sometime. When pulling away from junction will sound boomy and feels like handbrake is still on, then it frees up fine. I may look for a 1.4 to give her a little more power for everyday driving. She also needs auto box so limits choice of fitment.

My dci manual is great, just wish nissan offered that with auto box.