New Clutch

Bmx_Bandit

Ex. Club Member
I need to buy a new clutch this week.I was just wanting ideas on what make to go for for a standard replacement or a slight upgrade on the standard clutch.(and prices if poss).

Cheers simon.:upside:

B

Beachboy

there isnt a slight upgrade you can do for the k11 clutch, the only heacy duty one is an exedy import from oz. otherwise its a rally/race clutch. best clutch is the LUK OE clutch.

OP
OP
Bmx_Bandit

Bmx_Bandit

Ex. Club Member
The motorfactors up here in edinburgh are selling Blueprint clutches have you heard of these. They say it's a direct replacement

B

Beachboy

havent heard of the brand. luk as far as i'm concerned is the best replacement clutch, its the one nissan use but charge double for.

OP
OP
Bmx_Bandit

Bmx_Bandit

Ex. Club Member
Cool. I think it's going to be the LUK one then. Where can i get hold of one?
Sorry for all the questions:upside::upside:
Simon

wilsonian

Ex. Club Member
bugger i can't remember the make of my clutch - think it was HQ (had a griffon as their logo) seems very good and only cost me £40ish - fitted it myself.

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
blue print isnt a make (if this is the same context as im thinking of)
and is simply a off shoot fo the proper nissan part excepot not sold through nissan. and sold seperatly.

they are names blueprinmts because they are th same parts just not nissan boxed basically!!

wayne
others may be able to back me up that if they know what im talking about or shoot me down in flames if im totally got wrong end of the stick in what im thinking about

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
pretty sure you hit the nail on the head there quicky. i was thinking along hte same lines, re-branded nissan parts

OP
OP
Bmx_Bandit

Bmx_Bandit

Ex. Club Member
Really struggling to find a dealer for LUK in the uk online. Just getting useless searches.grrgrr
If someone could tell me where they got theirs from that'd be a great help.:upside:

Simon

OP
OP
Bmx_Bandit

Bmx_Bandit

Ex. Club Member
Just ordered one from Partco Edinburgh, will get it Monday.
£37.53 + vat.
Cheers Beachboy.:)

ps. does changing the clutch involve anything else e.g do i need gearbox oil ??

M

MTB

Hi m8, just use any brand as long as its 80w/90w GL4 viscosity, usually buying singles litres is much more expensive, if you look around you can maybe get a 5 litre for around £10, regards MTB:]