New clutch Fitted

Hi All, I was working in Farnborough exhibition centre this week & My k11 broke down in the town, then I was towed to the Auto services centre, North Camp by the AA & the clutch was replaced took 4hrs costing £320 the following day. However on one tells you how to drive when a new clutch is fitted or letting the clutch bed it, so how much pressure should I apply to the clutch pedal to engage 1st as I have noticed that it shudders when pulling away in 1st gear & also in reverse gear & how do I stop it from shuddering?

Peter0003

P.S. The clutch pedal also vibrates when i'm pushing the pedal should that happen

Last edited:
The adjustment may need to be in your foot rather than the car.

Drive as normal taking into account the bite point will be different.

Hi Nesty , Were the bolts on the clutch housing or the engine to gearbox bolts?
I might of misread the initial post, does the clutch judder, when you release the pedal into drive?

I think it was engine to gearbox, but this was one a VW T25 transporter (rear engine and gearbox). It juddered especially in reverse and in 1st.

Though, for the K11's I haven't had any experience of the manuals, as had all CVT's!

Hi All, I was working in Farnborough exhibition centre this week & My k11 broke down in the town, then I was towed to the Auto services centre, North Camp by the AA & the clutch was replaced took 4hrs costing £320 the following day. However on one tells you how to drive when a new clutch is fitted or letting the clutch bed it, so how much pressure should I apply to the clutch pedal to engage 1st as I have noticed that it shudders when pulling away in 1st gear & also in reverse gear & how do I stop it from shuddering?

Peter0003

P.S. The clutch pedal also vibrates when i'm pushing the pedal should that happen
No it shouldn't, a trip back to the Auto Services Centre for rectification.

Hi Guys, I have had my gearbox checked out by my mechanic who tells me that the slight judder is most likely down to bad work manship by Auto Services Centre (Farnborough) who didn't clean off grease on the clutch plate before fitting. Yours Peter0003

Hi Guys, I have had my gearbox checked out by my mechanic who tells me that the slight judder is most likely down to bad work manship by Auto Services Centre (Farnborough) who didn't clean off grease on the clutch plate before fitting. Yours Peter0003
It does sounds like faulty workmanship, IMHO.

Back