New car owner, silly question

Hi! I recently acquired my first car - a lovely nissan micra k11 celebration! I know pretty much nothing about cars, ordering my provisional soon so haven't had any lessons yet. My silly question: Most of the controls are covered in the manual, however there is a wire behind the steering wheel, coming from the right-hand side of the dashboard, and I really want to know what it's for? I'm guessing it was added by a previous owner, but the last driver never knew what it was for. The bit that plugs into something is cylindrical and I'm wondering if it's to plug a phone in but it looks a bit too big - have yet to try it, have been short on time lately. Maybe to plug in a sat nav or something? Literally have no idea, feel free to laugh at my clueless terminology :p

may be an idea to remove the gauge shroud (2 philips screws, then lift up fromthe bottom front and slide out) and see what cable(s) it is joined up to, then post the cable colour here?! Or take a picture so we can see the size of the port itself, might help us narrow it down for you

It is a real mystery India Hawker has disappeared lol! B-)

Oh, snap! He looked too deeply into matters beyond his comprehension, and learned too much. The powers that be must have silenced him...

I guess we'll never know what that wire was for. Perhaps it's safer this way.

Back