New 160sr

Hi,

paid £4895 for mine. 06 on a 55 plate with 27k on the clock. Just standard spec though.. But its in Techno Grey and thats the first I had seen in this colour. I didnt want a black one as I have a black s14a and grey is definately one of the better colours.

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Read this thread and just had to join :grinning: (I was a member a long time ago).

I bought my 160SR new 3 1/2 years ago from an internet broker for ~£9,200 with trade in from my K11 and it's done 79,000m so far. I absolutely love this car! It looks great, it's fast and it goes round corners like #### stuck to a barn door. Maintenance is reasonable with a top level service at Nissan less than £200. Kuhmo KH11s are £60 fitted and last 22,000+ miles. What's not to like!

I notice alot of problems with wiper linkages (just had mine replaced for ~£135 at Nissan after it totally broke). Had to replace an alloy (£198 from Nissan :down:) after two-hatting a pothole which Salford council had filled in before I went back the NEXT day to photograph but that's not Nissan's fault...

It's paid for in July and I'd buy another one in a heartbeat but Nissan don't do a 1.6 Micra any more - NOOOOOOOOOO! I'll probably try and find a second hand low miler and buy that.

PS. If you think yours is quick, wait 'til the mileage gets to 70,000+ and the engine starts to wear in - mine accelerates like nightrider on the motorways and is as smooth and quiet as a Lexus still - LOL.

Read this thread and just had to join :grinning: (I was a member a long time ago).

I bought my 160SR new 3 1/2 years ago from an internet broker for ~£9,200 with trade in from my K11 and it's done 79,000m so far. I absolutely love this car! It looks great, it's fast and it goes round corners like #### stuck to a barn door. Maintenance is reasonable with a top level service at Nissan less than £200. Kuhmo KH11s are £60 fitted and last 22,000+ miles. What's not to like!

I notice alot of problems with wiper linkages (just had mine replaced for ~£135 at Nissan after it totally broke). Had to replace an alloy (£198 from Nissan :down:) after two-hatting a pothole which Salford council had filled in before I went back the NEXT day to photograph but that's not Nissan's fault...

It's paid for in July and I'd buy another one in a heartbeat but Nissan don't do a 1.6 Micra any more - NOOOOOOOOOO! I'll probably try and find a second hand low miler and buy that.

PS. If you think yours is quick, wait 'til the mileage gets to 70,000+ and the engine starts to wear in - mine accelerates like nightrider on the motorways and is as smooth and quiet as a Lexus still - LOL.

Good to hear you like the 160SR so much as well !! How about a pic of your 160SR? :)

Here's mine
DSC00462.jpg
[/IMG]

nissanmicrak12

Ex. Club Member

you didnt need to spend that much on your wiper linkage!!!!all it needed was a washer welding on the end of it !!!! but i suppose nissan would say that! i hate nissan dealers!!!!

there mods around for the 160/hr16de mainly imported stuff, cusco have dealers in the uk but you have to hunt for part numbers (mainly bolt on stuff)

Guy

Club Member
I'm fitting EBC Turbogroove disc and Greenstuff pads soon, Great upgrade for ~£160 :).

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
I'm fitting EBC Turbogroove disc and Greenstuff pads soon, Great upgrade for ~£160 :).

Hmm, Green pads aren't amazing. I've got yellow ones which stick like glue but the compound is destroying the disks, and they've only been fitted about a year.

Guy

Club Member
I'm very wary of red or yellow pads Arnold. Track pads don't have much bite when they're not hot and doing an emergency stop on a cold day could be kind of interesting on track pads I reckon. Plus, like you say, they eat disks.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
They're fine for road use, on a cold day they will still work as they will still heat up from being used. My next brakes won't be EBC full stop

I had ebc gd disc's on my corsa, it didnt feel right with the green stuff pads after tring 3 sets of pads i found that tar-ox pads (mintex are a very close second) with the ebc discs work the best.

Diamond black disc's are crud standard discs are better imho.

hi-spec front calpers discs and pads are the dogs but thay are pricey