Need to adjust my idle speed... help needed

pietro

Ex. Club Member
Can't find my haynes. I have a 1.0 LS. I want to increase my idle speed as the car shakes a little too much, please tell me how this can be done. Thanks

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
if i remeber rightly lil srew on the carb but i think some geinus at nissan made it so u need a special tool to do it. may be wrong though or break of the plastic guard

AMY

Official MSC Trader
Paul I think your thinking of the mixture screw.

to adjust the idle there is a regular cross head screw located low at the back of the carb it manually adjusts the resting point of throttle wheel (the bit that the cable attaches too) It's quite hard to see, but if you look between the throttle cable and the base of the the bracket that holds the outer part of the cable in place you will see it poking out.
Cheers
Amy

K

katakijau

AMY's right!
you must use screw driver to rotate the screw..different carb can rotates by your finggers..If not mistaken, clockwise to decrease down the rpm, anticlockwise to increase it..try your best

OP
OP
pietro

pietro

Ex. Club Member
Hey thanks all. I will try tonight. From what I understand I must not touch the flat head screw on the side of the carb as this is to adjust the mixture which is spot on.

To adjust the idle I should find the cross head screw located at the back of the carb (between the throttle cable and the base of the the bracket that holds the outer part of the cable in place) Turning either way will increase or decrease the idle speed.

Hey thanks all. I will try tonight. From what I understand I must not touch the flat head screw on the side of the carb as this is to adjust the mixture which is spot on.

To adjust the idle I should find the cross head screw located at the back of the carb (between the throttle cable and the base of the the bracket that holds the o