need help with wiring

hey guys
i have put on my front bumper some ordinary spot lights and i want these working on either a switch or my main beam and i was wondering which would be the easiest and how could i possibly do this?

forgot to mention my spot lights only have two wires on each im guessing a positive and negative i also have got a spare switch just incase i need to do it with a switch and on the switch is four connectors there is small symbols with the theee of the connector things on the switch which one is im guessing a positive connection since it has a cross on it other is like a main beam symbol and other looks like a horizontal line followed closly by 4 decreasing in size vertical lines and then the last is no symbol will get pics if needed

forgot to mention my spot lights only have two wires on each im guessing a positive and negative i also have got a spare switch just incase i need to do it with a switch and on the switch is four connectors there is small symbols with the theee of the connector things on the switch which one is im guessing a positive connection since it has a cross on it other is like a main beam symbol and other looks like a horizontal line followed closly by 4 decreasing in size vertical lines and then the last is no symbol will get pics if needed

There are countless ways to wire it up. on an SR the fogs come on with full beam. you can always wire up the two wires from each fog lamp to the high beams wire on each bulb, however there are more professional ways to do it, ie using a relay and swtich etc etc

dont forget double the load = double the current which may = melted wires after long use

get yourself a 4 pin relay you should have pin numbers 30,87,86 & 85

pin 30 has a permanent +12v
pin 87 goes to you spot / fog lights
pin 85 comes from your switch ( have an ignition controlled +12v going to the switch then from the switch to pin 85)
pin 86 is an earth

and finally put an earth to the lights

by having an ignition controlled +12v going to pin 85 your lights will turn off when you turn the ignition off so you can't drain your battery.

two different ways here guys :) thanks for the help i shall be looking tomorrow at the wiring and the advice you have given me :) once i get it on i shall put pictures up :)

Back