need help what have I done ?

Shero

Ex. Club Member
so THOt i had everything ready for a test drive today but...

my clutch is still goosed. its the helix group N clutch plate, presseure plate and relese bearing from matt.
as far as im aware i have done everything rite but clearly not.

when i go to press the clutch peadle its not pulling the lever on the gearbox enough to push the clutch in. i have been playing around with the cable on the lever and the peadle but its still not working and i hate testing it now, crrrunch aww the time. lol.

so help advice ideas or just telling me im a donkey because its such a stupid thing ive done.

HHHEEELLLPPP!!! :D:D:D

yass franks on the case haa.

the levers not loose atall, like ive had the crow bar on the lever and pushed it then held it and hooked the cable round so it was even further. so then both the lever and cable were tight as i could really get them.
then i took the stopper bolt out the peadle so it had more downward travel but its still not enough.
???

hmmm, it could be the thrust bearing moved out of position while the g/box was re-fitted :eek: (very easily done btw :doh:)

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! i cant have that, just cant!! haaaa. ano its easily done :(, dun it once when i put it in but im SURE it was ok. is there anything else i can try before i take it off again. GODAMMMMM!!! but if it was the relese bearing would it not mean the lever would be loose and easy to push???
cheers man

if you take the cable off and the lever has,nt got a bit of free movement then the remaining travel needs a uniform pressure to open the clutch, (with a crowbar) then i,m afraid its looking like a removal jobbie :doh:

i dont care if I get another infraction #### #### ####!!!!!!!!!!!

me :D
donkey20oatie20image1.jpg

im away to the garage. :D

if you take the cable off and the lever has,nt got a bit of free movement then the remaining travel needs a uniform pressure to open the clutch, (with a crowbar) then i,m afraid its looking like a removal jobbie :doh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:Did you put the clutch plate in the correct way!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:!! I've come across one or two fitted back to front:laugh::laugh::laugh:

IM NO DONKEY :D:D:D, got the box off there, everything inside was right. so im heavy scratchin my head now. but im away 2 the pub ill deal with it 2morrow!

new one for me then, never had a problem like that before. obviously youve put the clips from your old release bearing onto the new one and clipped in onto the lever inside the box?? also have you torqued the pressure plate to the correct setting (21 off the top of my head). and get pics up if you can :)

So... (new clutch on the left btw) turns out the clutch plate i have is too big for the pressure plate, thus ~(ha) not allowing the clutch to engage as it just gets forced against the outside of the pressure plate.

you can see that on my old one theres a decent gap round the clutch but on the new one its sitting proud of the pressure plate so it wont get any contact with it.
imag0040r.jpg

imag0039u.jpg

imag0035d.jpg

imag0032c.jpg

so, just to clear up this isnt my fault eh?? and ill just fone humpris in the morning and see if i can do the swap for the right one???

imag0041k.jpg

all sorted turns out i had a (we think) primera clutch plate, im just chuffed im no a total goon and did it right. haaa.

so my real one will be here tomorro. wooo!

all sorted turns out i had a (we think) primera clutch plate, im just chuffed im no a total goon and did it right. haaa.

so my real one will be here tomorro. wooo!

ahh, a 190mm one, anyway nice one shero :)
it could prove to be cheap upgrade if it would clear the cover ok if the one edge was beveled/chamfered :cool:

Back