Need help please - door latch not working

Thankfully not on my Micra but on the ill-fated Smart Brabus...

The drivers door latch won't stay locked, so the door can't be closed. All other doors work fine.

When I shut the driver's door, it just bounced back as if the seatbelt or something was blocking it. When I inspected further, it turns out the latch isn't working. I pushed it back, as if the door was closed, and it sprung back to the open position. In the other doors pushing the latch as such causes it to lock in the vertical, closed position.

Any ideas? Or is it a new latch to add to the ever-extending shopping list so I can sell this annoying motor?

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
I kept having this problem on my micra, and it turned out that the handle was sticking slightly open.
Sprayed some 2 in 1 lubricating stuff that I'd used to free up many a bolt on the K11 as I was disassembling and it doesn't stick anymore, problem solved.

From what you said about the latch not working properly it's probably not the case, but, might be worth a try.

Saw your Micra at the train station again btw, one of these days I'll probably bump into you in person!

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
Well you can always do the old fashioned thing of coming in to say hi. Today I was busy though, being interviewed by the BBC and maybe on TV ;)

Well, so far when I've seen you I've been driving past or picking someone up to do a quick dash 75 miles to southampton lol, so stopping for a chat's not been so viable, but if I'm ever on foot and I see it, I'd come and say hello!